Asking for the big 'D'
Los Angeles - Singer Rod Stewart has filed for divorce from actress Rachel Hunter, citing irreconcilable differences.
Hunter, 35, and the veteran British rocker were married in 1990, but split in 1999, court documents filed Thursday show. Hunter originally filed for divorce in 2003 but later withdrew her request for unspecified reasons.
The couple have two children, 12-year-old Liam and 10-year-old Rene.
Stewart, 60, recently announced that his longtime fiancee, model-photographer Penny Lancaster, was pregnant. He said the baby was due in early December.
Lancaster's agent, Nicholas Young, has said the couple would make wedding plans once Stewart's divorce from Hunter was final.
Sentencing planned for Zeta-Jones stalker
Los Angeles - A woman who pleaded no contest to stalking and threatening actress Catherine Zeta-Jones will be sentenced next month.
A judge on Friday ordered Dawnette Knight, 33, to appear for sentencing July 8. She faces up to five years in prison.
Knight pleaded in February to one felony count of stalking and three felony counts of making criminal threats.
She was accused of sending threatening and violent letters to acquaintances of the actress, including Zeta-Jones' agent and her husband, actor Michael Douglas.
Knight, who was arrested June 3 last year at her Beverly Hills home, allegedly apologized in another letter, claiming she had been in love with Douglas.
Kelly Osbourne enters rehab
Los Angeles - Kelly Osbourne, the 20-year-old daughter of heavy metal star Ozzy Osbourne, has checked herself into a drug treatment center, according to a published report.
Osbourne entered the Pasadena facility on Thursday, Us Weekly reported Friday. A message left for her mother, Sharon Osbourne, was not immediately returned.
A family representative told the magazine that Kelly Osbourne was "dealing with some personal issues" and would be back in a few weeks.
Kelly Osbourne spent several weeks last year at a Malibu drug treatment center for an addiction to prescription pain killers.
Her brother, Jack Osbourne, checked himself into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation clinic in 2003, and Ozzy Osbourne has been candid about his decades of battles with substance abuse.
Golfing with the stars
Stateline, Nev. - Ray Romano, Kurt Russell and Mark Wahlberg are among those who will make their debut this summer at the annual celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe.
The 16th annual American Century Championship is scheduled for July 15-17 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course.
Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Donald Trump, Peyton Manning, Pete Sampras and John Elway are among those who plan return appearances in the three-day event with a $500,000 purse, sponsors said Thursday.
Other first-timers include NFL first-round draft pick and former California quarterback Aaron Rodgers, 2004 NFL rookie of the year Ben Roethlisberger, running back Jerome Bettis, quarterback Rich Gannon, boxer Arturo Gatti and Danielle Aimee, winner of The Golf Channel's "Big Break III: Ladies Only."
Former NHL star Dan Quinn, who has won the tourney four times, will be back to defend his title along with six-time champion Rick Rhoden.
Entertainers who also plan to play include Carson Daly, Kevin Nealon, Don Cheadle and Maury Povich.
Beckham to open soccer academy in U.S.
Carson, Calif.- Some American youngsters will have a chance to learn how to "Bend It Like Beckham."
David Beckham, who stars for England and Real Madrid, will be a partner in a soccer academy set to open this fall at the Home Depot Center in Carson, a Los Angeles suburb.
The 30-year-old midfielder joined Simon Fuller, creator of television's "American Idol," and Tim Leiweke, president and chief executive of Anschutz Entertainment Group, Thursday to unveil plans for The David Beckham Academy.
"It's about kids coming down, getting off the streets, having fun. If we find great new talent, then that's good," Beckham, whose name is in the title of the 2002 movie "Bend It Like Beckham," told AP Television News.
The academy initially will focus on children 8 to 15 years old. The opening is set for November.
Conviction upheld against starlet's ex
Los Angeles - A state appellate court has upheld the conviction of an ex-boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith who was found guilty of making criminal threats against the former Playboy Playmate of the Year.
A three-judge panel rejected Mark Hatten's claims that there was insufficient evidence to support his 2003 conviction.
Smith testified that she had a brief relationship with Hatten that she ended in 2000 after he approached her with a knife in her home. Hatten claimed they had an on-again, off-again relationship.
Hatten also was convicted of assault for a fight involving a neighbor who went to Smith's house to persuade him to leave. He was sentenced to six years and eight months in prison.
Jurors acquitted Hatten of two other counts involving stalking and threats against Smith, who became a reality TV star when "The Anna Nicole Show" began airing on E! Entertainment Television.