Martin Miller, a Lawrence man convicted of killing his wife, consented to the legal guardianship arrangement made for his children but did not relinquish his legal rights as a parent. A story that appeared in Thursday's Journal-World did not make that distinction.
August 27, 2005
More like this story
- Jury finds Martin Miller guilty of first-degree murder in retrial
- Miller children get fresh start
- Martin Miller's attorney argues murder retrial should be moved because of prejudice in jury pool
- Court steps in for children whose fathers killed mothers
- Miller appeals murder conviction to state Supreme Court