Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Authorized controlled burning, 10:18 p.m. Friday, 3413 Morning Dove Circle.
- Unauthorized burning, 10:04 p.m. Friday, 1719 Tenn.
- False alarm or false call, other, 8:24 p.m. Friday, 2100 Heatherwood Drive.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire -- unintentional, 2:41 p.m. Friday, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 12:47 p.m. Friday, 1312 La.
- Steam, vapor or dust thought to be smoke, 7:13 a.m. Friday, 1509 Alvamar Drive.
- Alarm system sounded due to malfunction, 7:03 a.m. Friday, 4601 Clinton Pkwy.
- Smoke scare, odor of smoke, 2:09 a.m. Friday, 2001 W. Sixth St.