Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Tuesday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 227 calls
- 46 reports
- two burglaries
- three thefts
- 18 noninjury accidents
- three injury accidents
- Police arrested a 22-year-old Lawrence woman Monday night on suspicion of striking her 49-year-old mother in the head with a vodka bottle during an argument.
The fight happened about 7 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of West 29th Street Terrace. The mother was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital to be treated for a laceration to her head.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 42-year-old Lawrence man's 1999 Mercury valued at $5,000 was stolen between 2:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Monday from the 1900 block of East 19th Street.
- A 21-year-old Kansas University student told police someone broke into his residence in the 2100 block of Quail Creek Drive and stole a five-gallon water jug filled with about $1,000 in coins. The incident happened between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Cooking fire, contained, 2:27 p.m. Monday, 4911 W. Sixth St.
- Hazardous materials investigation, 2:05 a.m. Monday, 1121 Ohio.
- Building fire, 1:43 a.m. Monday, 1818 Mass.
- Outside trash bin fire, 12:33 a.m. Sunday, 1425 Ky.