Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Excessive heat, scorch burns with no ignition, 6:14 p.m. Thursday, 2333 Ridge Court.
- Power line down, 4:40 p.m. Thursday,Seventh and Tennessee streets
- Alarm system sounded unintentionally, 1:29 p.m. Thursday, 1575 Irving Hill Road.
- Alarm system malfunction, 1:19 p.m. Thursday, 1740 Watkins Center Drive.
- Unintentional detector activation, 3:12 a.m. Thursday, 3800 Greenway Circle
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs brought to the shelter
- Two Shepherd mixes, brown with black shading, females, both 9 weeks.