Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- An 86-year-old Lawrence man reported envelopes containing $15,000 in cash taken June 19 from his apartment in the 2100 block of Clinton Place.
- Someone forged a $25,000 business check June 11 at Quik Cash, 1401 W. Sixth St. The check was from a machinery business in West Chicago, Ill.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Building fire, 11:56 p.m. Tuesday, 321 Compton Square.
- Steam or vapor thought to be smoke, 11:49 p.m. Tuesday, 1515 Engel Road.
- Natural gas leak, 9:33 p.m. Tuesday, 2807 Crestline Drive.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 Engel Road.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 2:26 p.m. Tuesday, 1440 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Shorted electrical equipment, 8:39 a.m. Tuesday, 1530 W. 15th St.