Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Unintentional smoke detector activation, 8:53 p.m. Friday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- Arcing, shorted electrical equipment, 1:28 p.m. Friday, 3120 W. 23rd Terrace.
- Swift water rescue, 1:23 p.m. Friday, 1071 N. 1750 Road.
- Swift water rescue, canceled, 1:17 p.m. Friday, 3000 W. 15th St.
- Swift water rescue, 1:16 p.m. 1424 Lawrence Ave.
- Unintentional smoke detector activation, 12:56 p.m. Friday, 2511 W. 31st St.
- Hazardous condition, 12:28 p.m. Friday, 508 Bently Drive.
- Water problem, 12:25 p.m. Friday, 4424 Gretchen Court.
- Swift water rescue, 12:12 p.m. Friday, West Eighth Street.
- Fire call, canceled, 11:42 a.m. 2815 W. Sixth St.
- Chemical spill or leak, 8:49 a.m. Friday, 1140 Haskell Ave.
- Road freight or transport vehicle fire, 6:39 a.m. Friday, milepost 202, Interstate 70.
Stray dogs brought to the shelter
- Terrier mix, white and brown, female, 2 to 3 years.
- Brittany, white with black spots, red collar, female, 4 to 5 years.
- Pointer, chocolate, blue collar, male, neutered, 3 to 4 years.