For Saturday, Jan. 3, 2004. Those with birthdays today: You will learn to become more and more independent this year. Events and people develop an unpredictable tone that forces you to make many decisions and develop more flex. If you are single, you have a unique charm that draws many. Whether to settle down will be your call. Recognize that fact and take responsibility for your choices. If you are attached, your relationship flows, but expect the unexpected and a lot of liveliness.
The Stars Show the Kind of Day You'll have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- **** You speak your mind, but on some level you might realize that what you are saying is not exactly on-target or not exactly true for you. Stop and think. Tonight: Tired? It's about time.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- ** Finances could be fraught with surprises, especially if you put too much trust in a friend. Right now, chill out and give others some space as you decide on your course of action. Tonight: Discuss a personal matter.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- **** You're in the pink -- so to speak. As a result, you might decide to do something totally different from w*at you had planned. Tonight: Your night on the town, if you want another.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- * Take your time making a decision, even if you are uncomfortable. You might be sensing something. Reach out for someone at a distance. You may be stunned by what you hear. Tonight: Get some R and R.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
- **** Aim for what you want, but don't be surprised if someone waylays you. A partner could be enormously difficult without intending to be. You might want to seize the reins of your finances. Tonight: Playtime.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- ** Jupiter in your sign retrogrades, pausing what might be going on around you. A partner could be uppity. Understand that you could be reacting to this major planetary shift. Tonight: A must appearance.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- **** Take a broad point of view rather than getting caught up in the little details. You will be much happier, and, ultimately, the results will be better. You feel a need to slow down. Tonight: Take in a movie.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- **** Not everyone is as serious-minded as you are right now. Take time with a discussion that involves a loved one who is instrumental to your well-being and health. Tonight: Be with the one you love.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- ** Uproar on the home front could have you running out the front door. If you need to take some time to yourself, do so. A partner might agree with you. Tonight: Whatever another wants. It could be worth it!
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- ** Unpredictability could become a mainstay in your life. You might want to rethink a decision that involves work. You have many talents. In the next few weeks you get long-overdue news. Tonight: Don't push.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- **** Let creativity flow as naturally as it can. You have one idea after another, and not necessarily work-related. A partner who always proves to be fun might be out of sorts. Tonight: Go where the fun is.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- ** You become more and more unpredictable, which might be why a partner walks away from you. You need to be aware of the impact of your behavior on another. Tonight: Try to mellow out.