Law enforcement report
- Lawrence Police late Monday night were at the scene of a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Clinton Parkway and Inverness Drive. Reports indicated there were multiple injuries and two ambulances were called to the scene. No other details were available.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A check forger passed a $1,243 bogus check at Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd St., according to a report. The check belonged to a 54-year-old Joplin, Mo., woman. The forgery happened May 24 but wasn't reported to police until Friday, according to a report.
- A 21-year-old Kansas University student had a set of golf clubs valued at $1,810 stolen July 1 from the 4100 block of Harvard Road. A report from the case was made available Monday.
- Two sets of car-stereo amplifiers and speaker boxes were reported stolen in separate burglaries last week. First, someone stole two subwoofers, three amplifiers, and a speaker box valued at a total of $1,050 between 11 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. Friday from the 1000 block of Monterey Way. Between 11 p.m. Saturday and 6:05 a.m. Sunday, someone stole similar equipment worth $2,700 from a vehicle in the 200 block of Wisconsin.
- A 20-year-old Kansas University student reported a $7,000 Dell Inspiron computer stolen between 11:45 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. Thursday from the 900 block of Maine, according to a report.
- A $1,000 television and $200 in patio furniture were reported stolen between 5 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. Sunday from a Kansas University student's home in the 2900 block of University Drive.
- A 26-year-old Lawrence woman told police someone stole her $7,000 Mitsubishi Eclipse early Sunday. The vehicle was recovered but with $2,000 in damage and items including a $500 radar detector missing. The theft happened between 4 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. at Jefferson Commons, 2511 W. 31st St.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke or odor removal, 10:56 p.m. Sunday, 805 Wellington Road.
- Watercraft rescue, 9:30 p.m. Sunday, 623 N. 1415 Road.
- Smoke scare, 6:31 p.m. Sunday, 3000 W. Sixth St.
- Sprinkler activation, no fire, 3:11 p.m. Sunday, 2330 Packer Road.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 3:06 p.m. Sunday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Sprinkler activation, no fire, 2:38 p.m. Sunday, 2330 Packer Road.
- Authorized controlled burning, 3:23 a.m. Sunday, Folks and Peterson roads.