Law enforcement report
- A Kansas City, Mo., man was injured shortly after 9 p.m. Friday when the 1989 Ford car he was driving went out of control into a ditch along the eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 just east of the Lawrence eastern turnpike terminal, the Kansas Turnpike Authority said.
Scott Henson, 24, was taken by Leavenworth County ambulance to KU Med in Kansas City, Kan. He was in fair condition Saturday night, a nursing supervisor said.
- Lawrence police arrested a 25-year-old Lawrence man Saturday on charges of aggravated battery and aggravated assault.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Shorted electrical line, 11:05 p.m. Friday, intersection of Sixth and Kentucky streets.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 10:46 p.m. Friday, 911 Mass.
- Smoke scare, 9:56 p.m. Friday, 2930 Peterson Road.
- False alarm, 9:52 p.m. Friday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Natural gas leak, 9:24 p.m. Friday, 121 Fla.
- Sprinkler activation, no fire, 7:17 p.m. Friday, 2400 Kresge Road.
- Trash bin fire, 5:39 p.m. Friday, 1410 Kasold Drive.
- Natural gas leak, 1:07 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of Louisiana Street.
- Gasoline spill, 12:45 a.m. Friday, 4841 W. Sixth St.