Law enforcement report
- Dorina D. Potz, 32, Shawnee, and Roxanna E. Schriner, 30, Olathe, were treated and released Friday at Shawnee Mission Medical Center after an accident Friday afternoon at the intersection of Interstate 35 and Kansas Highway 33, just south of Wellsville. Mary Thomas, 20, Unionville, Iowa, was stopped at a stoplight when her 1993 Ford Crown Victoria was struck from behind by a 2002 Ford Escape driven by Potz.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- The Bismarck Inn, 1130 N. Third St., reported an aggravated burglary of an undetermined amount of money between 4:30 a.m. Thursday and 4:39 a.m. Thursday.
- A 50-year-old Lawrence woman reported the theft of a 1999 Lexus RX-300 valued at $20,000. The theft occurred between 12:33 a.m. and 1:28 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Lakeview Road.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence man reported a burglary between 1:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. Thursday at the 1900 block of Stewart Avenue. The total loss was valued at near $4,500 and included the theft of a Dell Inspiration 2500 laptop valued at $1,500, a Hewlett Packard printer P-1000 valued at $300, and $900 damage to a 2001 Ford Explorer.
- A business reported a burglary and the theft of a power equipment generator valued at $3,400. The theft occurred between 10 p.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Pennsylvania Street.
- A 40-year-old Independence, Mo., man reported an aggravated assault that occurred at 9:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Massachusetts Street.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire call, canceled, 7:26 p.m. Thursday, 1908 E. 19th St.
- Assist police, 5:20 p.m. Thursday, Iowa Street.
- Alarm malfunction, 3:31 p.m. Thursday, 4700 Overland Drive.
- Fire call, canceled, 1:24 p.m. Thursday, 1345 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Fire call, canceled, 1:17 p.m. Thursday, 1800 Engel Road.
- Smoke detector malfunction, 10:20 a.m. Thursday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- Fire call, canceled, 7:58 a.m. Thursday, 3615 W. 10th St.