Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Authorized controlled burning, 11:27 p.m. Friday, 421 Forrest Ave.
- Authorized controlled burning, 9:42 p.m. Friday, 300 Northwood Lane.
- Grass fire, 5:44 p.m. Friday, 2300 Wakarusa Drive.
- Oil or other combustible liquid spill, 5:18 p.m. Friday, Second and Maine streets.
- Building fire, 3:28 p.m. Friday, 943 Ohio.
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 2:10 p.m. Friday, 1602 W. 15th St.
- Steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke, 11:49 a.m. Friday, 123 W. Eighth St.
- Building fire, 11:25 a.m. Friday, 1638 Miss.
- Object hanging over power line, 7:45 a.m. Friday, 14th and Kentucky streets.
- Outside rubbish fire, 3:27 a.m. Friday, 1145 La.
Lawrence Humane Society
Dogs brought to shelter
- Husky, blond, black collar, female, spayed, 2 years old.
- Dalmatian, male, neutered, 3 to 5 years old.
- Labrador mix, black, red collar, male, neutered, 1 year old.
- Labrador, black, red collar, male, neutered, 2 to 3 years old.
- Cattle dog/Australian shepherd mix; brown, black and white; male, 1 to 2 years old.
- Hound/beagle mix; brown, black and white; male; 3 to 4 years old.
- Labrador mix, black, female, 3 years old.