Theater productions, a magic show and tours of the "Art of the Lega: Meaning and Metaphor in Central Africa" exhibition at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Mo., are all on this weekend's entertainment plate.
- "My One and Only," featuring several Lawrence students, 7:30 p.m., Avila's Goppert Theatre, 119th Street and Wornall Road, Kansas City, Mo., (913) 341-8156.
- "Magic and Illusion," by Kansas City illusionist Eric Vaughn; 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; Andrew J. and Georgia Neese Gray Theatre, Washburn University, Topeka, (785) 246-1292.
- David Zollo, 9:30 p.m., Johnny's Tavern, 401 N. Second St., 842-0377.
- Max Jones and the Joyriders, Pathos, 9 p.m., The Pool Room, 925 Iowa, 749-5039.
- Sulli's Birthday Extravaganza, featuring The Bubble Boys, 10 p.m., Replay Lounge, 946 Mass., 749-7676.
- Royal Blue Matinee, featuring Millage Gilbert, 4 p.m., Grand Emporium, 3832 Main St., Kansas City, Mo., (816) 531-1504.
- Don Shipps and the Titanics, 9 p.m., Grand Emporium, 3832 Main St., Kansas City, Mo., (816) 531-1504.
- The People, 10 p.m., The Hurricane, 4048 Broadway, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 753-0884.
- Imperative Reaction, featuring DJs Replikant, Sacrifice, Annabel Evil, 7 p.m., El Torreon, 3101 Gillham Road, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 419-7278.
- Kevin Jacks Band, 9 p.m., Davey's Uptown, 3402 Main, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 753-1909.
- Greg Meise Quartet with Millie Edwards, 8:30 pm., The Blue Room, 18th and Vine streets, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 474-VINE.
- Shape note sing, Kaw Valley Shape Note Singing Assn., 1:30 p.m.-4 p.m., Watkins Community Museum of History, 11th and Massachusetts streets, 749-1356.
- "My One and Only," featuring several Lawrence students, 2 p.m., Avila's Goppert Theatre, 119th Street and Wornall Road, Kansas City, Mo., (913) 341-8156.
- "Art of the Lega" guided tour, 1 p.m., Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, 4525 Oak St., Kansas City, Mo., (816) 561-4000.
- John Wilkes Booze, Clockwork, The Impossible Shapes, 10 p.m., Replay Lounge, 946 Mass., 749-7676.
- Rudy Love, 9 p.m., The Bottleneck, 737 N.H., 841-LIVE.
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art, Kansas University, "Innovation/Imagination: Fifty Years of Polaroid Photography," through March 15.
- Hallmark Visitors Center, Crown Center, 25th and McGee streets, Kansas City, Mo., Creative and Hallmark Keepsake Ornament exhibit; J.C. Hall Christmas Trees, year-round.
- Johnson County Museum of History, 6305 Lackman Road, Overland Park, (913) 631-6709 "Seeking the Good Life" and "1950s All-Electric House," ongoing.
- Toy and Miniature Museum, 5235 Oak, Kansas City, Mo., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Saturdays and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sundays, (816) 333-9328.
- Union Station-Science City, Pershing Road and Main Street, Kansas City, Mo., (816) 460-2020, "Haunted Castle," in 3D, through Feb. 8; "Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West," through May 30.
- Kansas Museum of History, Topeka, (785) 272-8681, Kansas History Center Nature Trail, "From Gems to Gimcracks, The Discovery Place," hands-on gallery for children.
- Kansas International Museum, West Ridge Mall, 1801 SW Wanamaker Road, Topeka, (866) 357-2927, Exhibit: "Czars: 400 Years of Imperial Grandeur," 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Oct. 13-March 15.