Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A throwing knife, swim shorts, two slingshots, three skateboards and a set of gold-plated cuff links were among the property taken sometime Aug. 15-22 from a residence in the 800 block of East 12th Street, according to a police report. The owner, a 19-year-old man who lives at the address, also says he's missing an air pistol, jewelry, swim goggles, and a paint-ball gun. In all, the property was worth $2,100.
- A 23-year-old woman reported more than $6,500 in clothing and compact discs taken sometime early Monday morning from a vehicle in the 600 block of Greever Terrace, according to a police report. Items missing include five pairs of women's jeans worth $70 each, 20 women's shirts at $35 each, and $5,250 in compact discs.
- A 45-year-old woman reported a car-hauling trailer worth $4,000 was taken sometime between Aug. 19 and 23 from the 600 section of North 100 Road in Overbrook, according to a police report. The thief apparently broke a padlock on a gate to get to the trailer, which was parked in a field.
- A 17-year-old Free State High School student reported $1,250 in property taken sometime late Friday or early Saturday from a vehicle in the 100 block of North Sharon Drive. Items missing included a backpack, a textbook, a speaker box and an amplifier.
- A 20-year-old Kansas University student reported her $1,800 Hewlett Packard laptop computer taken sometime between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Aug. 22 from an apartment in the 1100 block of Louisiana Street, according to a police report.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Passenger vehicle fire, 8:31 p.m. Wednesday, 1801 W. Second St.
- Confined cooking fire, 10:19 a.m. Wednesday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Building fire, 7:33 a.m. Wednesday, 1501 Medinah Road.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 4:27 a.m. Wednesday, Missouri Street.
- Excessive heat causing scorch burns, 3:36 a.m. Wednesday, milepost 202, Interstate 70.