Services / About Us
LiveWell Lawrence is a coalition of local organizations, businesses, governments, schools and funders working together to improve nutrition and increase physical activity in our community.
Its ultimate goal is to reduce chronic diseases in our community that are linked to poor eating and sedentary lifestyles.
The following steering committee members have been working together to get the coalition organized:
- Rick Doll, Superintendent, Lawrence Public Schools
- Janice Early-Weas, Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Karen Evans, D.O.
- Eileen Horn, Lawrence Douglas County Sustainability Coordinator
- Cindy Johnson, TherapyWorks
- Nikki King, Health Care Access Clinic
- Susan Krumm, href="http://www.douglas.ks... ">K-State Research and Extension-Douglas County
- Janelle Martin, Community Health Improvement Project
- Nancy O’Connor, The Community Mercantile
- Wayne Osness, KU Emeritus Professor of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Dan Partridge, Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department
- Bruce Passman, University of Kansas
- Dan Simons, The World Company
- Roger Steinbrock, Lawrence Parks and Recreation
- Erin Zimney, Assists Foundation
DCCF board members Monte Johnson, Mike McGrew and Vickie Otten, and staff members Chip Blaser and Marilyn Hull are working on the initiative.
For more information, e-mail LiveWellLawrence@ldchealth.org or call 785-843-3060.