Letter to the editor: Citizens United is ridiculous
To the editor:
To understand how inane the Citizens United ruling is, consider the following:
1. The Supreme Court, in the Citizens United ruling, declared that corporations are people.
2. The 13th Amendment of the Constitution abolished slavery. In other words, no one can own another person.
3. Therefore, all owners of corporations – including all their stockholders – are, de facto, guilty of slavery.
4. The 14th Amendment, Section Four, says that no one can receive a penny of reimbursement for losses stemming from the emancipation of any slave, and that any such claim is to be held null and void.
5. The Supreme Court justices, who swore to uphold the Constitution, are obligated to immediately emancipate all corporations (people).
6. Therefore, under the 14th Amendment, the owners of those corporations (people) can no longer profit from them; can no longer receive stock dividends; and cannot receive a penny of reimbursement from the sale of their shares, because the Supreme Court is obligated to hold them null and void.
Check it out, and if you want to reverse the preposterous Citizens United ruling, draw this to the attention of your congressional representatives.