LJWorld.com weblogs At Whit's End
Congratulations to our KU football haiku winner!
4:59 p.m. update
We randomly selected our winner, who just happened to post the final comment on the blog!
Congratulations to hedro80 and thank you to everyone who posted and tweeted your haikus. We had a blast reading them all day. Here is the winning haiku:
What colors does your
big heart bleed? Crimson & Blue
Ooh ooh ooh K U
4 p.m. update
The deadline for submitting entries has passed. Thank you everyone for participating! We'll be picking a winner shortly, so check your email and DMs soon.
Want to go to KU vs. New Mexico State on Saturday? We have four tickets to give away, and it has to be done today.
I'm going to put your brains to work if you want to win. To enter, you need to write a haiku about KU football. A haiku is a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five. Here is an example:
Jayhawks take the field
Please don't lay an egg against
New Mexico State
How to enter
You can submit your haiku one of two ways:
In the comments of this blog post
- Sign in with your user account. Create one if you haven't already.
- Leave your comment on this post only. Haikus posted on any other story will not be considered contest entries.
- If your haiku violates the Terms of Service, it will be removed from the post and your entry will not be accepted.
- Write your haiku in a tweet. It should easily comply with the 140 character limit.
- Tag the tweet with the #kufball hashtag
- Put @LJWorld at the beginning or end of the tweet
- Your tweet MUST contain the haiku, hashtag and @mention to be considered an entry
- Deadline to enter is 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24, 2010
- Each haiku is considered an entry
- You may enter as many times as you want
- Your haiku must be about KU football to be considered an entry
- We will notify the winner by @Mention and Direct Message on Twitter or via LJWorld.com private message. So make sure you check the user account attached to your email address.
- The winner will be drawn at random
- The winner will be notified BEFORE 5 p.m. Friday
- The winner must pick up their tickets between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25 at the Lawrence Journal-World circulation desk, 609 New Hampshire. See a map.
- The winner must have a photo ID to pick up the tickets
- World Company employees are not eligible
The clock starts NOW!