LJWorld.com weblogs Seen it?
Andy Katz says KU should be No. 1; video of KU-MU brawl from 1961
A few links to start off your Monday ...
• After both Duke and Michigan fell last week, ESPN writers made their arguments for who should be No. 1 this week.
Andy Katz chose KU, saying:
Of all the one-loss teams who are in the discussion -- Duke, Indiana, Louisville, Arizona, Michigan, Syracuse, Gonzaga and Creighton -- the Jayhawks shouldn't take a backseat to any of them.
Other candidates for the top spot in the article included Louisville, Indiana and Duke.
• On Saturday, former KU guard Mario Chalmers knocked down 10 three-pointers in a victory over the Sacramento Kings, tying the franchise record set by Brian Shaw in 1993.
The 10 threes also is the most made by a player in the NBA this season.
It's interesting to watch both LeBron James' and Dwyane Wade's reaction to Chalmers' performance. Though Chalmers has often gotten the "little brother" label in Miami, the Heat's two biggest stars seemed to be genuinely happy for him Saturday.
• If you haven't heard it yet, Bob Davis' radio call of Ben McLemore's game-tying three against Iowa State is definitely worth a listen.
• ESPN.com's Jason King has more on Jamari Traylor's back story, which includes sleeping in an abandoned Buick on the south side of Chicago after he was kicked out of his house during high school. A couple weeks ago, CJonline.com's Austin Meek also wrote a feature story on Traylor's struggles.
• A final look at some highlights from KU's 60-46 victory over Texas Tech, from KU Athletics.
• Here's another insightful blog from C.J. Moore, who shows how opponents sagging defensively off Kevin Young is hurting the Jayhawks' ability to get the ball to Jeff Withey.
• KU basketball's favorite courtside couple — Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde — have gone public with their engagement.
As you probably remember, the two sat behind the bench for KU's 89-57 victory over American late last month.
• Bleacher Report's Adam Fromal says NBA general managers "would be foolish not to at least consider McLemore at No. 1."
• I saw this posted on another site, and it was too interesting to not share.
The video below is of a KU-Missouri men's basketball brawl from 1961. I guess not much has changed in 50 years.
• With KU taking on Baylor at Allen Fieldhouse on Monday night, here's a quick look back at the biggest highlight from last year's KU-BU game in Lawrence.
• And finally, this isn't sports-related, but LJWorld.com's Chad Lawhorn wrote a tremendous piece over the weekend on an abandoned baby, a dime and a Lawrence laundromat.