Nancy Sue Dalton-Bernard-Vince
Nancy left us March 21, 2012 after making us laugh, love, and cry for over 70 years. She has been fighting a rare terminal disease for the past couple years and it won. She remained positive and would always say she was “fine” when asked. Her infamous, stubborn personality wouldn’t allow the disease to dictate how she lived as much as possible. As predicted, she stayed ornery till the day she died.
Nancy will always remain in our hearts and minds. She showed us how to do many things and we will remember her as:
- A loving mother, grandmother, and “adopted” mother who would listen and help however she could,
- A loving sibling who shared her home, heart, and time,
- A loving wife who found two good men to love and cherish through sickness and health,
- A great friend who had a smile and sharp wit,
- A fierce competitor who hated to lose, well with cards and board games anyway,
- A surprisingly physically strong “lady” who could leave a lump on your arm when she punched you,
- A stubborn child who would hide behind the bushes when she was supposed to go to school
Nancy Sue has left us to join her friends and family who went before her, especially her parents, brother, first husband, and son. She is survived by her daughter Ann Bernard Ozorkiewicz and her four grandchildren Kevin, Brian, Philip and Katie and her two great grandchildren AJ and Gabe. Her son Craig Bernard and family (Denver, CO). Her daughter Susan Bernard Koenig and family (Leawood, KS) and her three step-sons all of Kansas. We look forward to being with you again when our time comes.
Please sign guestbook at Obituaries. LJWorld.com.