By Dolph C. Simons, Jr.
July 26, 2014
- Earlier this week, representatives of the state’s six universities presented their “wish lists” or budget requests to the Kansas Board of Regents.
Officials at each of the institutions devoted weeks to studying the needs of their schools. Keeping in mind Kansas’ tight fiscal situation, the attitude of state legislators and the governor and the admonition of regents to use a very sharp pencil in adding up the dollars requested, the universities put together budgets they believed they could defend and justify.
By Tom Keegan
July 31, 2014
- The annual look at KU’s best shots at victories, ranked from most likely to least. By Tom Keegan
Candice Davis, Lawrence
July 28, 2014
- Lawrence city planning must be guided by a vision that protects the interests and welfare of all residents and safeguards the quality of life we have come to enjoy. Our comprehensive planning document for growth and development, Horizon 2020, provides such a vision and needs to be used as a valued reference tool to evaluate the impact of development projects.
July 6, 2014
- No doubt you’ve heard the expression, “Nibbled to death by ducks.” Perhaps you think it’s kind of cute or funny. Let me tell you: It’s not cute, it’s not funny. Being nibbled to death by ducks is a hideous way to die. Day after day you watch helplessly as, little by little, they nibble away at you. Then all of a sudden — poof! — you’re gone. I honestly think I would rather be ripped apart by sharks or sharp-toothed jackals than to be nibbled to death by ducks.
November 21, 2013
- Traditionally, the recommendation is NOT to put wood ashes in the garden. But the thinking behind that prohibition is changing.
On the street:
What is the biggest issue facing Lawrence?
August 1, 2014 · 6 comments
Highberger fires campaign manager over remarks she made about opponent Hodgson
July 31, 2014 · 16 comments
Letter: States rights?
August 1, 2014 · 7 comments
Kansas revenues in July beat expectations by $1.6M
July 31, 2014 · 8 comments
In Kansas City, Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
July 30, 2014 · 73 comments
Citizen's petition calls for smoking ban on Massachusetts Street
July 26, 2014 · 315 comments
Opening date in sight for Ladybird Diner; Turnhalle meeting set; police headquarters, mini golf, paintball, teen center and more
August 1, 2014 · 2 comments
Letter: Development pluses
August 1, 2014 · 5 comments
Letter: Inconvenient Amtrak
August 1, 2014 · 1 comment
Just Food says its shelves are nearly bare
July 30, 2014 · 16 comments
- Burning of Flint Hills doesn't have to be in the spring, new study says July 31, 2014
- Moritz takes seat on 10th Circuit July 31, 2014
- Today in Lawrence: Great weather, fair events, dance and film August 1, 2014
- GM posts another profit August 13, 2010
- Lawrence board member named director of school foundation, will resign from board July 28, 2014
- Bill Self stresses science of hoops to youths July 31, 2014
- Bank robberies bring 10-year sentence November 27, 2002
- Reba, Woz add to TV appearances March 2, 2012
- Brownback names three Kansas Board of Regents members August 1, 2014
- Police: Suspect in East Lawrence slaying in Shawnee County Jail on unrelated burglary charge July 31, 2014