By Dolph C. Simons, Jr.
May 18, 2013
- This is a very special weekend in Lawrence as thousands of students from around the country and abroad will be participating in commencement activities at Kansas University.
By Tom Keegan
May 21, 2013
- Wayne Selden, the second-highest-ranked recruit in Kansas University’s next basketball recruiting class, sizes up his classmates. By Tom Keegan
By Marsha Henry Goff
April 27, 2013
- I am always stunned when I hear city or planning commissioners defensively arguing that Lawrence is not unfriendly to new business. Of course it is!
By George Gurley
May 5, 2013
- ew Orleans still has its share of problems. But it’s enjoying its own springtime of rebirth. On every block you can see houses undergoing restoration. The dysfunctional educational system has been rebuilt from scratch and dramatically improved. Talented young people are flocking to New Orleans, drawn by opportunities and challenges.
By Jennifer Smith
May 23, 2013
- Wise watering saves time and money, grows healthier plants, and could help to reduce the need for future expensive infrastructure from your water provider.
Republican tax plans would increase state revenue, analyses say
May 22, 2013 · 50 comments
Editorial: Guns, speech
May 23, 2013 · 32 comments
Senate Republicans approve sales tax increase, cuts in income tax rates, lower food sales tax
May 23, 2013 · 40 comments
Long-term plan suggests toll lanes on K-10 corridor
May 23, 2013 · 39 comments
On the street:
Should residents or businesses who use too much water be fined?
May 24, 2013 · 10 comments
59 minors, several local businesses, cited for alcohol violations in state regulator's patrols in May
May 23, 2013 · 22 comments
Wichita might fine residents over use of water
May 24, 2013 · 8 comments
Brownback signs 'Celebrate Freedom Week' bill
May 23, 2013 · 9 comments
Plans filed for restaurant/retail on South Iowa site once proposed for Olive Garden
May 23, 2013 · 35 comments
Letter: Vet responds
May 24, 2013 · 2 comments
- Wildflower Walk set for Saturday May 24, 2013
- Editorial: Development shift? May 24, 2013
- Long-term plan suggests toll lanes on K-10 corridor May 23, 2013
- Former Lawrence resident Sri Srinivasan confirmed for prestigious D.C. Court of Appeals May 23, 2013
- Senate Republicans approve sales tax increase, cuts in income tax rates, lower food sales tax May 23, 2013
- FSHS softball season ends in extra-inning heartbreak at state May 24, 2013
- Old Glory shines on west campus June 18, 2003
- Wichita might fine residents over use of water May 24, 2013
- Basketball notebook: UNC hires son of ex-KU athletic director May 24, 2013
- Kobler to lead shift toward 'technology-rich' classrooms May 23, 2013