By Dolph C. Simons, Jr.
October 10, 2015
- Later today, a woefully overmatched Kansas University football team will meet the Baylor University Bears, who are rated among the top five teams in the country, averaging 63 points a game.
No one is giving the Jayhawks much of a chance for what would be a major upset and no one has any idea how many points the Baylor team will score. It’s a mismatch, and all the players and coaches, both at KU and Baylor, know it.
Nevertheless, no one wants to win more than the KU players. They will not give up because they want to represent themselves, their team and the university in the best possible manner.
Opinion: We can’t erase unpleasant history
October 11, 2015 · 11 comments
Letter: Kasold savings
October 13, 2015 · 4 comments
Kobach to announce prosecutions
October 12, 2015 · 19 comments
City proposes adding 74 bicycle parking spaces downtown
October 12, 2015 · 6 comments
Letter: Kasold safety
October 13, 2015 · 1 comment
Letter: Abortion protest
October 6, 2015 · 64 comments
Opinion: Is confiscation the only way to control guns?
October 10, 2015 · 32 comments
A Thousand Voices: New poll shows strong support of four-lane Kasold Drive over two-lane 'road diet'
October 11, 2015 · 32 comments
Lawrence City Commission to review parking and sidewalk closures for Eldridge Hotel expansion
October 12, 2015 · 13 comments
New study suggests women getting raw deal on pay issues in Kansas
October 12, 2015 · 8 comments
- English, elementary teachers getting harder to find in Kansas October 12, 2015
- Late Night visitors impressed by dorm October 13, 2015
- Fix-It Chick: Drain a fuel tank for the winter October 12, 2015
- Topeka Democrat resigning from Kansas House at month's end October 12, 2015
- Kansas efficiency: Consulting firm's record with St. Louis, New Orleans public schools raises questions October 11, 2015
- Royals rally on Correa’s error, beat Astros 9-6 to even ALDS October 12, 2015
- Column: Mickelson to play big role as senior October 13, 2015
- 23 places to eat in Lawrence if you're gluten-free April 1, 2014
- Lawrence middle school students assess Columbus Day, will march for unsung heroes October 10, 2015