Letters to the Editor

Letter: Love thy neighbor?

March 3, 2014

To the editor:

One is tempted to rant and rave when confronted with the hatred and bigotry on display in the letter published Feb. 25 titled “Sinful lifestyle.” Instead, I will keep it simple and ask if this is what Christians really mean when they say to love their neighbor as they do themselves? If it is, I can only assume that I am surrounded by a lot of self-loathing individuals.

Comments

Julius Nolan 1 year, 1 month ago

Excellent response to Carl's Feb 25th sermon.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes it is, but at this point I would suggest that we give Carl a time out in our minds and go on with our lives.

Give a little love and it all comes back to you, the world will remember the things that you say and do. (That is from a Coke commercial but it is true and I love it.)

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 1 month ago

Here ya go, Leslie, I think I found it! Hallelujah, and praise the Lord!

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

Thank you, Ron, I still find myself singing that song.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 1 month ago

Matthew Chapter 7, verses 21 - 23:
"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

This is one of my favorites. Even Jesus could only take so much and then he had to move on.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

ww.screened.com/rust-cohle/15-26308/quotes/

Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson have become very, very good at what they do, and both have been doing it for a while. They just seem to get better and better, and they have learned to chose good roles.

We need to remember that there are actors like these in Hollywood when we seem to be inundated with "celebrities."