To the editor:
President Obama and Congress should bring that money home to wage war against members of Congress and think tanks who have waged war against the working class blue- and white-collar workers of this fine country — the people who made the U.S. wealthy.
Stop the insane spending on this war. It is taking the U.S. nowhere and leaving a lot of blood behind accompanied with dead and disabled American and Muslim bodies alike. Reckless and wasteful indeed.
Instead spend this money:
• Creating new industry that cannot be outsourced by private corporate interests thus securing millions of jobs for the U.S. economic growth.
• Repair old sidewalks throughout this nation and build bike/hike paths in the name of safety throughout the nation.
• Take over the funding of public education to protect public schools from privatization.
• Take back the college loan program to protect students from corrupt financial institutions.
• Save our national parks from private corporate interests.
• Increase the minimum wage to $17.50 per hour which equals only $33,000 a year.
Let Americans have public financing of campaigns. Citizens cannot afford special-interest money campaigns for it is the citizens that get left out. Let citizens vote on this issue.