City commissioners will consider going out for bid on two west Lawrence street construction projects that are slated to be built this summer.
The city will rebuild the eastbound lanes of Bob Billings Parkway between Kasold and Crestline drives. The project also will rebuild both the eastbound and westbound lanes of Bob Billings Parkway between Crestline Drive and Iowa Street. The project will include left-turn lanes and a 10-foot-wide bicycle and pedestrian path on the south side of Bob Billings between Kasold and Iowa. The project is expected to cost about $1.4 million.
The city also is scheduled to rebuild Wakarusa Drive from Research Parkway Drive to Oread West Drive. The project will include widening the road to add a left-turn lane. Bike lanes also will be added on both sides of the street. The project is expected to cost $1 million.
Both projects will go to bid in late April. Construction would start in late May and be completed by late August.
Both projects will require significant traffic detours in the area.
• Proclaim Wednesday, April 3, as Kathleen Bowen Day.
• Proclaim April as Child Abuse Prevention Month.
• Proclaim April as Fair Housing Month.
• Receive minutes from boards and commissions:
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Approve appointments recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a. Authorize purchase of two 2013 Ford Police Interceptor utility vehicles from Shawnee Mission Ford for $25,700 each, for a total of $51,400.
b. Award bid for Farmland Sanitary Sewer Improvements to the low bidder Amino Brothers Co. Inc. for $601,089 and authorize the city manager to execute the contract.
c. Award the construction contract for Clinton Filter Media Replacement to the lowest responsive bidder RK Hydro-Vac, Inc. for $215,130 and authorize the city manager to execute the contract.
• Adopt these ordinances on second and final reading:
a. Ordinance No. 8793, adopting the International Building Code, 2012 edition.
b. Ordinance No. 8794, adopting the International Residential Code, 2012 edition.
c. Ordinance No. 8795, adopting the National Electrical Code, 2011 edition.
d. Ordinance No. 8796, adopting the International Plumbing Code, 2012 edition.
e. Ordinance No. 8797, adopting the International Mechanical Code, 2012 edition.
f. Ordinance No. 8798, adopting the International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 edition.
g. Ordinance No. 8799, adopting the International Energy Conservation, 2012 edition.
h. Ordinance No. 8800, adopting the International Existing Building Code, 2012 edition.
i. Ordinance No. 8801, adopting the International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 edition.
j. Ordinance No. 8802, adopting the International Fire Code, 2012 edition.
k. Ordinance No. 8854, to rezone about 45.5 acres from A (Agriculture) to OS-FP (Open Space-Floodplain Overlay), northeast of the intersection of Sixth Street and the South Lawrence Trafficway.
l. Ordinance No. 8853, for Text Amendment to the City of Lawrence Land Development Code, for the definition of Family/Occupancy Limits.
m. Joint City Ordinance/County Resolution for Comprehensive Plan Amendment to Chapter 6 of Horizon 2020 to create CC600 District policies and to Chapter 14 Specific Plans, to revise the West of K-10 Plan and A Nodal Plan for the Intersection of West Sixth Street and Kansas Highway 10 designating the node of Sixth Street and K-10 as a CC600.
n. Ordinance No. 8741, for Text Amendment to the City of Lawrence Land Development Code, Articles 1, 2 and 13, to provide for a CC600 (Community Commercial) District.
o. Ordinance No. 8742, to rezone about 146 acres in the northwest quadrant of the intersection of Sixth Street and K-10 from County A (Agriculture) District and County B1 (Neighborhood Business) District to the pending district CC600 (Community Commercial) District.
p. Ordinance No. 8851, establishing an organized collection service for residential recycling within the city limits.
• Approve site plan for a sidewalk hospitality area for Chutney’s, 918 Massachusetts St. Submitted by Schneider and Associates for Yuba City LLC, property owners of record.
• Approve a temporary use of public right-of-way permit for use of various city streets, including the rolling closure of the northbound lane of Massachusetts Street downtown from 8 a.m. to 8:25 a.m. May 11 for the Tick Borne Disease Awareness 5K.
• Approve a temporary use of public right-of-way permit for use of various city streets, including the rolling closure of the northbound lane of Massachusetts Street downtown from 8 a.m. to 8:25 a.m. May 27 for The Home Run 5K.
• Authorize the mayor to execute the fourth addendum to the City Manager’s Employment Contract.
• Authorize the city manager to execute a license for the use of city property for agricultural use for: Mellowfields Urban Farm, Lindsay Dyche, and Kaw Ale Farms for the Maple Grove property at Highway 24-40. These are the 2013 growers for the Common Ground program.
• Authorize the mayor to sign a subordination agreement for Lloyd Fisher Jr., 3113 Creekwood Drive.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Consider setting bid date of April 16 for Bob Billings Parkway, Kasold Drive to Crestline Drive (eastbound lanes) Reconstruction.
• Consider setting bid date of April 23 for Wakarusa Drive, Research Parkway to Oread West Drive, and approve allowance of temporary signage for businesses during construction.