Archive for Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Letter: Focus on Paul

March 12, 2013

To the editor:

Sen. Marco Rubio praised Rand Paul’s filibuster as “doing the Senate’s work.”

My thanks to Sen. Rubio for that clarification. I’d mistakenly thought Sen. Paul was misusing public office to give false legitimacy to partisan paranoia — and, not coincidentally, play for the spotlight.

Comments

mom_of_three 1 year, 1 month ago

My question is - Is THAT all he had to worry about? Looked like he was just asking for and getting attention. And then I watched one of our Kansas senators trying to ask and answer a question and could only laugh. I wanted someone to ask " huh?" after Moran was finished.
I am glad that some republicans also thought the filibuster was ridiculous.

Steve Jacob 1 year, 1 month ago

I like to stir the pot....if we had drones 20 years ago...would you support a drone taking out Timothy McVeigh driving a U-haul on I-35 with 4,800 pounds of explosives headed toward OKC? Americans kill Americans all the time.

Phoghorn 1 year, 1 month ago

Love it or hate it, the filibuster has become an accepted part of Senate procedures. If cloture fails, filibustering remains an option to stall a vote.

If you are going to complain when one party does it, then please hold the other party to the same standard. Likewise, if you love it when your party uses the filibuster, then please accept the other party's right to use it.

Remember...stalling a bad bill is better than passing a bad bill - regardless of what the bill contains or who proposes it.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 1 month ago

Holder still didn't understand after 13 hours, what a CLOWN

SouthWestKs 1 year, 1 month ago

Thank Eric Holder for the cost. They had to use a 13 hour filbuster to get what should have been stated right after the question was asked.

Brock Masters 1 year, 1 month ago

Right, left, conservative or liberal, we all should want to know if the government believes it can use drones to kill Americans not engaged in combat on American soil.

Paul forced the Whitehouse to respond to that simple but important question.