Archive for Friday, June 28, 2013

Letter: Who’s listening?

June 28, 2013

To the editor:

In the Tuesday Journal-World article about Sandy Praeger, Republican Scott Schwab stated that Praeger “quit listening to the people who sent her to office.” I think it is more accurate to say that she refused to get in line with a political party that quit listening to 90 percent of Americans who favor common sense gun safety laws.

I’m sure she heard the Koch brothers and the party bosses on health care reform, comprehensive immigration reform, school funding, tax policy, etc., and said to herself, “You guys aren’t listening.” Dwight Eisenhower and Bob Dole would both get a thumb’s down from the Koch brothers. They could not pass today’s Republican Party litmus test.

I believe a majority of today’s Kansans are looking for a way to get out of Brownbackistan — some way or someone to lead us back to the Kansas where we embrace the common sense conservative values of Republicans like Eisenhower and Dole.

With or without a pair of ruby slippers, Sandy Praeger may be our best hope.

Comments

boiled 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Imagine Sebelius' name being bastardized the outrage on the from the extremist left would've been outrageous and she would've dispatched her goons to address the issue. What kind of tomatoes do you grow btw...? I love fresh seasonal tomatoes with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a slice of good quality fresh mozzarella and whatever spices you like.

boiled 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Two thoughts:

The on-line editor who allowed the word "Brownbackistan" to be used in this piece of tripe should either be fired or severely remprimanded and secondly if I was Sam Brownback I'd file a lawsuit for defamation.

Dont_Tread_On_Me 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Tim, the 90% line is a big crock. And the majority of Kansas who overwhelming elected Brownback knew what we were getting - and like it!

consumer1 10 months ago

We are a state of extremes, completely partisan to the parties. We will never have common sense in our state office's. We, like a pendulum swing back and forth from Radical Liberal to Radical Conservative. Either way we the tax payer's lose.

Abdu Omar 10 months ago

Well, you don't get a governor out of office by not voting for him, but by voting for the other guy/gal. As much as I would like Brownback to be defeated, we need to consider who will defeat him. Yes, he will spend Koch money to remain in office, but I think money won't matter if we get a candidate we like and can do the job, and I, being an independent, think we had better search for the best candidate. I don't care what party, but I do care that we have someone to put our state back together again.

Richard Heckler 10 months ago

Generally in the real world if executives were busy making decisions based on their personal agendas they would be terminated.

Time for a whole lot of resignations by Monday at 6 A.M. The state of Kansas cannot afford a Koch/Brownback government. It is reckless and way too expensive.

And we know that Sam Brownback will be the largest spending candidate once again. No matter what.

Voters of Kansas how does it feel to be bought by politicians? Then piss and moan after they have robbed you?

Another 4 years of Brownback will make Kansas public schools a thing of the past. Replaced by high dollar corporate run schools WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS.