City commissioners will consider a request for traffic calming devices on 27th Street between Iowa and Louisiana streets.
The city's Traffic Safety Commission is recommending approval of traffic calming on the street because data shows there is an issue with speed of motorists on the roadway. But the one mile stretch of road likely would need up to six traffic calming devices, totaling about $90,000. The city doesn't have funding for the project, but commissioners are being asked to place the project on a list of future projects to be considered for funding.
• Approve commission meeting minutes from Jan. 8.
• Receive minutes from boards and commissions.
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses recommended by the city clerk’s office.
• Authorize the city manager to execute an engineering services agreement for $45,348 with Burns & McDonnell for the Clinton Reservoir Water Treatment Plant filter media replacement.
• Approve an extension request for special use permit for child care at 345 Florida St., submitted by CFS Engineers, for DCCCA Inc., in care of Elizabeth Ballard Community Center, property owner of record.
• Approve special event permits for seasonal garden sales at 2300 Louisiana St. from May 21 through June 30. (Four administrative permits have been approved for this property for March 26 through May 20.) Submitted by Kaw Valley
Greenhouses Inc. for 2300 Louisiana Co., LLC, property owner of record.
• Receive request from AllofE for economic development assistance, including a job creation incentive program and future relocation assistance. Refer to PIRC for review and recommendation.
• Approve sign permit for a mural installation on the non-masonry portion of the north side of the Poehler Building, Eighth and Delaware streets.
• Concur with Traffic Safety Commission recommendation for traffic calming devices on 27th Street between Iowa and Louisiana streets. No funding is currently available for this project.
• Consider a resolution indicating the intent to issue up to $40 million in industrial revenue bonds for the Kansas Athletic facility at Rock Chalk Park.
• Consider concurring with Traffic Safety Commission recommendation and adopting an ordinance on first reading approving a request to establish no parking along the south side of Dakota Street from Louisiana Street, east to the sidewalk.
• Receive report regarding curbside recycling proposals.