Lawrence will be getting a bit more Irish in the coming month.
The Lawrence St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee will put on a number of events to raise money for local organizations — Lawrence Arts Center, The Ballard Center and the County Fair Swim Club — before having its 26th annual parade Sunday, March 17.
• A Charity Benefit Auction at will take place Saturday at Corpus Christi Church, 6001 Bob Billings Parkway. The event begins at 5:30 p.m., silent bidding starts at 6 p.m. and a live auction starts at 7 p.m.
• On March 3, the committee will host Irish Road Bowling at Clinton Lake. Registration will begin at 10:30 a.m. that day at 23rd Street Brewery, 3512 Clinton Parkway.
• The 5K Shamrock Shuffle Fun Run/Walk will be at 8 a.m. Saturday, March 9, beginning and ending at the Ballard Center, 708 Elm St. A pancake feed will follow at the Ballard Center.
• The Luck of the Irish Motorcycle Rally will be at noon March 9 at Slow Ride Roadhouse, 1350 N. Third St.
• On March 10, The St. Patrick’s Day Queen Coronation will be at the Lawrence Arts Center, 940 New Hampshire St., starting at 5 p.m.
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will begin at 1:30 p.m. and travel form South Park through downtown across the river and into North Lawrence. Fred DeVictor, retired director of Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department, will be the parade’s grand marshal.
A list of auction items and event applications and details are available online at lawrencestpatricksdayparade.com.
For more information, call 749-6677 or email email@example.com.