The snow storm has prompted cancellations and closings.
The Lawrence Journal-World offices will close at 2 p.m. today. However, staff will continue to be reachable by phone. The main number for the company is 785-843-1000.
Here’s a list of other closings and cancellations for Thursday:
• East 950 Road is closed between North 1970 and North 2000 roads.
• The road across Clinton Lake Dam — East 900 Road — is closed.
• Amarr Garage Doors has canceled second and third shifts.
• OrthoKansas, LLC is closing at 2 p.m. Thursday.
• Capitol Federal Savings Bank locations are closed Thursday.
• The Lied Center has canceled Thursday night's performance by the Russian National Orchestra. The Lied Center is offering ticket exchanges or a refund for all ticket holders. For more information, contact the Ticket Office, 785-864-2787, which is closed Thursday because of the weather.
• Tonight's performance by musician Darrell Lea at Drury Place at Alvamar has been canceled.
• Kansas University: All classes after 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the Lawrence and Edwards campuses are canceled. Only weather-essential employees should report for work.
• Baker University’s Baldwin City and Kansas City Metro campuses and School of Nursing in Topeka
• Haskell Indian Nations University: All classes canceled and all offices closed.
• Lawrence Public Schools
• Veritas Christian School
• Bishop Seabury Academy
• McLouth Public Schools
• Wellsville Public Schools
• Ottawa Public Schools
• Eudora Public Schools
• Baldwin City Public Schools
• Oskaloosa Public Schools
• Perry-Lecompton Public Schools
• Basehor-Linwood Public Schools
• Tonganoxie Public Schools
• Raintree Montessori School
• Lawrence Montessori School
• Prairie Moon Waldorf School
• Century School
• Santa Fe Trail Middle School in Olathe
• Googols of Learning Childcare Development Center
• First Presbyterian First 5 Years Preschool
• Building Blocks Daycare Center
• The Plymouth Language Program's evening Spanish and English classes are canceled.
• Thursday night's Historic Resources Commission meeting has been canceled.
• Douglas County offices are closed. Road crews and essential workers remain on the job.
• The city's transit system — The T — has canceled fixed-route bus service, beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday. For anyone who used the T-Lift service Thursday morning, return trips will be provided.
• Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department's offices and clinic are closed.
• Lawrence-Douglas County Housing Authority is closed.
• Stull UMC Food Pantry is closed.
• Haskell Health Center is closed.
• City of Lawrence offices are closed. All personnel not involved in the current snow operations, emergency services, daily infrastructure or utility operations are not required to report to work today.
• "Weather101" class scheduled for Thursday afternoon has been canceled.
• Lawrence Public Library is closed.
• Douglas County District Court is closed.
• Lawrence Arts Center: Preschool and all programs are canceled.
• City of Tonganoxie offices are closed.
• Just Food food bank is closed.
• Douglas County Senior Services: All programs, Senior Meals and transportation are canceled.
• Independence Inc.: All offices are closed, and classes and transportation are canceled.
• Community Living Opportunities Center is closed.
• All Lawrence Parks and Recreation classes and activities are canceled. Centers are closed.
• Lawrence Meals on Wheels is canceled.
• Health Care Access Clinic is closed.
• Heartland Community Health Center is closed.
• Ballard Community Services is closed.
• Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center is closed.
• Cottonwood Inc. is closed.
• Douglas County CASA offices are closed and volunteer training is canceled.
• Kansas state executive branch offices are closed. This closure affects nonessential executive branch employees scheduled to work between 6 a.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday.
• Kansas Legislature is not in session.
Recycling and trash
• The Wal-mart recycling center is closed.
• Deffenbaugh Industries will not pick up recycling today in Lawrence. Deffenbaugh customers on a Thursday route will have their recycling picked up Friday.
• Community Living Opportunities Curbside Recycling has been canceled.
• Trash pickup in Lawrence will be done early Thursday. Residents who miss pickup can call 832-3032 to arrange for another.