Archive for Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Injury accident reported at Lecompton KTA interchange

September 26, 2012, 7:29 a.m. Updated September 26, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

Three people were transported to the hospital following a two-car accident at the Lecompton Interchange of the Kansas Turnpike just before 7 a.m. today, according to a report from the Kansas Turnpike Authority.

A 2007 four-door Toyota was heading south on K-10 when a 1992 Honda four-door vehicle attempted to turn left in front of the Toyota, causing a collision.

The Toyota was driven by 19-year-old Topeka woman Tara R. Massey, while 18-year-old Topeka man Joshua G. Stanley was driving the Honda.

Stanley was listed in fair condition at Stormont-Vail Hospital, while Massey was treated and released.

An additional passenger in the Honda, 18-year-old Topeka man Marcus Mendez, was also injured and transported to the hospital, but a condition update and which hospital Mendez was taken to was not available.

Comments

Tally Houk 2 years, 2 months ago

Is any additional information available on this?

Joe Berns 2 years, 2 months ago

It's been 4 hours now. Where are the updates?

friendlyjhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

what right do you have as an anonymous poster to make this kind of demand?

shaunepec 2 years, 2 months ago

Our updates on this have been slower than we strive for. However we're hoping to have some more info within the hour.

Shaun Hittle Ljw

chaelaw 2 years, 2 months ago

Driving by this morning, the accident looked much worse than this story indicates. I wonder if that's just because of the extraction. With all of the emergency vehicles it was hard to tell what exactly happened, but I thought there were more cars involved too. The small Honda involved looked like it had been hit by a train.

opinion 2 years, 2 months ago

I agree. Went by at 7:30 and there was a helicopter standing by. Emergency personnel must have thought at least one of the injuries was very serious.

markemark785 2 years, 2 months ago

My name is Marcus, I was the passenger in the Honda that got hit. Im not 18 i actually turned 26 in the hospital. I dont remember much from the accident. Im suffering from a bad concussion and have memory loss. But Josh and I suffered some severe injuries. Myself had 5 broken ribs, punctured lung with a collapse, and major concussion. We are doing okay now, Just trying to recover. From wat i understand, we pulled onto k-10 and was struck immediately on the drivers side by a car at highways speeds. I was facing south watching that traffic to clear. I never even seen it coming. The important thing is, we all survived something horrific. How? Rescuers werent even sure. But i was able to return to my family, and if thats not a miracle, i dont know what is. The driver was wearing his seatbelt which barely saved my life, always wear your seatbelts, u never know if it can save another life! Godbless