Agency: Salvation Army
Contact: Marisa McCluer or Liz Coleman at 785-843-4188
The Salvation Army has many holiday programs for which volunteers are needed:
• Share the Warmth Coat Distribution: Sorting and setup volunteers are needed from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. Distribution volunteers are needed from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. The distribution will take place at the I-70 Business Center in North Lawrence, 1035 N. Third St.
• Christmas Joy Shop: Setup volunteers are needed Dec. 3 through Dec. 11, and distribution volunteers are needed Dec. 13-14. The Joy Shop will be at the Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2110 Harper St.
• Community Holiday Dinner: Preparation and setup volunteers are needed from 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 5. Serving and cleanup volunteers are needed from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. that day at the Salvation Army, 946 New Hampshire St.
For more details about these opportunities, contact Marisa McCluer or Liz Coleman at 785-843-4188.
• Lawrence Arts Center is seeking volunteers to help with current and upcoming holiday programs. Volunteers are needed to help sew costumes for the holiday production of “A Kansas Nutcracker” throughout November and to provide backstage assistance during its production in December. Additionally, LAC is seeking volunteers to help with its annual cookie sale on Saturday. For more details, contact Harvey Robinson at email@example.com.
• The Lawrence Blue Santa Program is in need of volunteers to help wrap gifts for families in need at the local Toys for Tots store. To sign up for a shift, visit lawrencebluesanta.org or contact Lisa Wilcox at 785-830-7435.
• The Lawrence Art Guild/1109 Gallery is seeking volunteers to help with its annual Holiday Art Fair on Saturday. Volunteers are needed throughout the day for a variety of tasks. The Holiday Art Fair will take place at Lawrence Arts Center, 940 New Hampshire St. For more details, contact Amanda Monaghan at 785-979-70039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.