City commissioners will have an early start time of 5 p.m. and a light agenda at their weekly meeting on Tuesday in order to watch election returns. The meeting does include a request to approve a sidewalk hospitality license for a North Lawrence business. Frank’s North Star Tavern wants to use a portion of the city sidewalk in front of his business at 508 Locust for an outdoor seating area for customers. City staff members are recommending approval of the request.
• Receive presentation of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) from the Lawrence Police Foundation.
• Receive minutes from boards and commissions:
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Bid and purchase items:
a. Set bid date of Dec. 2 for installation of welding stations and exhaust hoods at the SWAN facility.
b. Authorize the city manager to sign a contract with Surdex for the 2013 aerial photography and LiDAR project and authorize payment up to $19,832.47.
• Adopt these ordinances on second and final reading:
a. Ordinance No. 8791, adopting the 9th and New Hampshire Redevelopment Plan and approving a Redevelopment Agreement for the South Project Area (needs two-thirds majority).
b. Ordinance No. 8803, creating the 9th and New Hampshire Transportation Development District for the project and authorizing levying an additional 1 percent sales tax on property owned by the developer
c. Ordinance No. 8804, authorizing issuance of Industrial Revenue Bonds for the 900 New Hampshire St. project.
• Approve rezoning of approximately 0.1 acre from CS (Strip Commercial) to RS5 (Single-Dwelling Residential) at 833 Connecticut St. Submitted by Leslie Soden, property owner of record.
• Approve rezoning of approximately 14,317 square feet from IG (General Industrial) to RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential) at 513 N. Seventh St.
• Approve rezoning of approximately 7,887 square feet from IG (General Industrial) to RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential) at 529 N. Seventh St.
• Approve a site plan for sidewalk dining and hospitality area at 508 Locust St. (Frank’s North Star Tavern) and approve sidewalk dining and hospitality license.
• Authorize the mayor to enter into a cooperation agreement with Douglas County and Douglas County Senior Services to provide for coordination of services to residents of Lawrence and Douglas County, age 55 and older; and authorize the mayor to enter into an agreement with Douglas County Senior Services relating to use of a city building at Eighth and Vermont streets.
• Approve proposal regarding the use of displaced trees at the Lawrence Public Library site.
• Authorize issuance of a Temporary Use of Public Right-of-Way Permit for the Ugly Sweater Run on Dec. 1, allowing the closure of various city streets.
• Receive city manager’s report.