City commissioners will consider closing a portion of the 600 block of Massachusetts Street on June 22 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Liberty Hall building.
The anniversary party would close Massachusetts Street from Seventh Street to just south of the driveway that serves the M&M; Office Supply building, which located near the mid-block. The closing would take place from 1 p.m. to midnight on Friday, June 22. The event would use the street to provide live music, kids’ games, and food and beverage sales. The event also is seeking city approval to allow for the sale of consumption of alcohol on the portion of the city street that will be closed.
• Proclaim June 3-9 as Relay For Life Week.
• Recognition of Bicycle Friendly Community Award.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 05/01/12.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of June 12, 2012 for the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program Projects at 918 Murrow Court, 930 Murrow Court and 2123 Marvonne Road.
b) Authorize City Manager to enter into an agreement with BG Consultants for engineering design services for the 23rd & Iowa Geometric Improvements project in the amount of $178,176.
c) Authorize expenditure, in an amount not to exceed $30,000, from the previously approved unit price bid from Elite Construction, for the installation of a concrete basketball court and connecting sidewalks at Deerfield Park.
• Adopt on first reading, the following ordinances associated with the Mercato Development located north of U.S. Highway 40 (Sixth Street) and east of Kansas Highway 10:
a.) Ordinance No. 8720, for rezoning (Z-01-10-05) of approximately 29 acres from County A (Agriculture) to RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential) previous designation: RS-2 (PC approved 4/17/06; CC approved 5/9/06). Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal description.
b.) Ordinance No. 8721, for rezoning (Z-01-11-05) of approximately 4 acres from County A (Agriculture) to RM12D (Multi-Dwelling Residential) previous designation: RM-D (PC approved 4/17/06; CC approved 5/9/06). Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal description.
c.) Ordinance No. 8722, for rezoning (Z-01-12-05) of approximately 13 acres from County A (Agriculture) to RM24 (Multi-Dwelling Residential) (previous designation: RM-2] (PC approved 4/17/06; CC approved 5/9/06). Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal descriptions.
d.) Ordinance No. 8723, for rezoning (Z-03-05-06) of approximately 45 acres from County A (Agriculture) to PCD previous designation: PCD-2 (Planned Commercial Development) (PC approved 4/17/06; CC approved 5/9/06). Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal description.
e.) Ordinance No. 8724, for rezoning (Z-03-06-06) of approximately 31.12 acres from County A (Agriculture) to RMO (Multi-Dwelling Residential-Office) previous designation: RO-1A (PC approved 4/17/06; CC approved 5/9/06). Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal description.
f.) Ordinance No. 8736, for rezoning (Z-10-17-09) of approximately 24 acres from CC400 (Community Commercial) to CC400 (Community Commercial) to reflect revisions in plat. (PC approved 12/14/09; CC approved 1/5/10) Rezoning ordinance 8481 published on January 23, 2010. This ordinance is a correction to the previously adopted ordinance. Ordinances will be added after owner provides updated legal description.
• Adopt on second and final readings, the following ordinances:
a.) Ordinance No. 8733, allowing the possession and consumption of alcoholic liquor on certain public rights-of-way for the Tour of Lawrence June 29 and July 1.
b.) Ordinance No. 8730, annexing (A-3-1-12) approximately 146 acres plus adjacent public right-of-way of property at the northwest corner of West Sixth Street (US-40) and K-10.
c.) Joint City Ordinance No. 8732/County Resolution No. , for Comprehensive Plan Amendment (CPA-2-1-12) to amend Horizon 2020, Chapter 14, Inverness Park District Plan.
• Adopt the following resolutions, amended as directed by the City Commission on 05/15/12:
a.) Resolution No. 6971, declaring that the structures at 1313 Haskell Ave. (house and accessory garage) remain in an unsafe and dangerous condition and order the demolition of the structures if the 15 repair items identified in Resolution No. 6885 are not completed by Aug. 14, 2012. Should the owner fail to comply the City would contract for the removal of the structures.
b.) Resolution No. 6972, declaring the structures at 1106 R.I. unsafe and dangerous and ordering the property owner to repair or remove the structures by July 17, 2012. Should the property owner fail to comply, the City would contact for the removal of the structures.
c.) Resolution No. 6973, declaring exterior yard conditions at 1106 R.I. to be in violation of the City’s Environmental Code and ordering the property owner to remove all violations by July 17, 2012. Should the owner fail to comply, the City would contract for the removal of the exterior yard violations.
• Approve a Site Plan, SP-4-26-12, for a sidewalk dining and hospitality area for 712 Mass. Submitted by Paul Werner Architects for SJC VII LLC, property owners of record. Approve a sidewalk dining and hospitality license for Mexquisito, 712 Mass., contingent on receipt of valid Kansas Food Service License.
• Adopt findings of fact regarding The Taste, LLC, and authorize the Mayor to sign a letter to the Director of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
• Approve amended Order of Vacation for right-of ways that were platted in 1959 by Austin and Ruth Turney.
• Approve free parking on Massachusetts Street from Sixth Street to 11th Street and on the 100 blocks of East and West Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, 10th, and 11th streets on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 for a Lawrence GiveBack event.
• Authorize the Mayor to sign a Release of Mortgage for Arthur Turner, 2535 Belle Haven Drive.
• Consider approving a Temporary Use of Public Right-of-Way Permit and adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8735, allowing possession and consumption of alcohol on the right-of-way, for the Liberty Hall 100 Year Anniversary event, closing a portion of the 600 block of Massachusetts Street from 1 p.m. to midnight on Friday, June 22, 2012.