City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• The eastbound right lane of 23rd Street from Haskell Avenue to Barker Avenue will close Monday and remain closed for an estimated two weeks. Completion: May 2012.
• One lane of westbound Sixth Street west of George Williams Way will be closed intermittently until the end of May as Sixth Street is extended in the area. Completion: May 2012.
• Northbound traffic will be restricted to one lane on North Third Street near the Kansas Turnpike entrance. Completion: June 2012.
• Crews will continue overlay work on the left lane on the northbound U.S. Highway 40/U.S. Highway 59 bridge over the Kansas River. Completion: June 2012.
• Water lines will be replaced along 23rd Street from approximately Barker Avenue to just east of the Douglas County Maintenance yard, 711 E. 23rd St. Sanitary sewer piping will be reconstructed along the Burroughs Creek alignment north and south of East 23rd Street. These projects will close North Perimeter Road and East 23rd Street Frontage Road throughout construction. Completion: June 2012.
• Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• County Road 1055 (also known as Sixth Street) between U.S. Highway 56 (Ames Street) and Firetree Avenue will be closed beginning Tuesday. It will likely stay closed through July, but there will be a marked detour.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road will be closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour will be provided. Completion: November 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
U.S. Highway 24
• Traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions on the Bourbanis Creek bridge. Completion: November 2012.