• Proclaim May as Older Americans Month.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from April 17.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve claims.
• Approve licenses recommended by the city clerk’s office.
• Approve appointments recommended by the mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a. Approve sale of surplus equipment on Gov Deals.
b. Authorize the city manager to sign a contract with Walker Parking Consultants for $30,000 for assessments, engineering services and construction administration related to repairs to the Riverfront Parking Garage, Sixth and New Hampshire streets. The actual repairs will be bid later.
c. Authorize the city manager to sign a 48-month lease with Unisource Document Products of Lenexa for a multi-function copier for city hall in the amount of $407 a month.
• Adopt on first reading an ordinance authorizing a grant to the Bioscience and Technology Center Inc. for economic development purposes for up to $500,000 and issue general obligation bonds to pay the costs.
• Approve a special event permit for bonsai tree sales in the Checkers parking lot, 2300 La., May 9-23. Submitted by Greenpia America LLC for 2300 Louisiana Co. LLC, property owner of record.
• Authorize staff to negotiate an agreement with Bartlett & West for engineering services for the Maple Street Pump Station Stormwater Improvement project. The agreement will be presented later to the City Commission for approval.
• Approve route changes in the Public Transit Service, with the changes being implemented in August.
• Authorize the mayor to sign releases of mortgage for Scott Sponholtz, 3116 Creekwood, and Harold and Esther Hase, 1536 Powers, and a subordination agreement for Christopher Tosh, 1529 Harper.
• City manager’s report.
• Consider adopting the 2012 Action Plan and Investment Summary of the 2008-2012 Consolidated Plan and consider adopting a resolution authorizing the mayor to execute agreements for the 2012 CDBG and HOME programs and other such documents as may be required to be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for such programs. Consider adopting the 2012 updated CDBG/HOME Citizen Participation Plan.
• Receive a letter from Lawrence Chamber of Commerce regarding a proposed partnership among the city, Douglas County and the chamber.