Letters to the Editor

Ideas endorsed

March 14, 2012

To the editor:

In response to Fred Sack’s March 8 letter:

I learned back in 2008 that Barack Obama went to a church for 20 years and listened to a preacher spew anti-American, homophobic, racist ramblings. I found with great interest that Obama chose to have this man baptize his daughters — an endorsement of the preacher’s views if there ever was one.

I learned back in 2008 that Barack Obama was friends with Bill Ayers, a terrorist who tried to kill cops and servicemen in the U.S. Capitol and Pentagon. I found with great interest that Obama chose to have his state Senate campaign kickoff party in this man’s home — an endorsement of the terrorist’s political views if there ever was one.

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

"Barack Obama went to a church for 20 years and listened to a preacher spew anti-American, homophobic, racist ramblings."

Mr. Boyer must have attended that same church for 20 years also, otherwise, how could he know that is what the preacher talked about in his sermons?

"I learned back in 2008 that Barack Obama was friends with Bill Ayers, a terrorist,,, an endorsement of the terrorist’s political views if there ever was one."

I have had a few friends that committed suicide, and I assure you that my friendship with them was not an endorsement of suicide.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

Did_I_say_that, my answer to your posting is that people change their views on many things over a period of time. I know that is certainly true in my personal history.

So, to say that someone once supported something does not mean he supports it today.

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

Plus, there is this: Mr. Boyer's letter struck me as nothing more than a personal attack on President Obama.

There were only two paragraphs in this letter to the editor. Both of them began with "I learned back in 2008 that Barack Obama,,,"

After noticing that, I didn't believe that the writer had any serious point to make, other than to complain that he doesn't like President Obama, and he offered no suggestions about how the present situation could be made any better.

If you are going to write a letter to the editor, it should not be to only complain about something, but also to offer what you think might be a positive suggestion about how to improve what you are complaining about.

jaywalker 2 years, 9 months ago

Is there such a thing as a "pure white man"? Besides Frosty, that is? I knew a Pierre Whiteman once.........

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

The Mope's gone from being a "Black man" to being a "non-pure white man"? Interesting how disappointed progressives are so concerned with race....

cato_the_elder 2 years, 9 months ago

People who weren't alive during the time that Ayers and his America-hating "Weathermen" plied their bomb-making, terrorist trade simply can't understand the significance of having the relationship with him that Obama did in Chicago.

If Heinrich Himmler had escaped Germany in 1945 and lived secretly in South America thereafter, being a guest in his home would have been no different. Ayers was a radical, America-hating terrorist who should have been sentenced to a lengthy term in prison. He has never truly repented what he did.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 9 months ago

No. As usual, you've completely missed the point.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 9 months ago

Translation-- "All I know is what I hear from Fox News and spam email."

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe I should turn on my TV and find out what all they claim on this "Fox News" that is mentioned so often on this forum.

Do you think it will still work after not being turned on at all for about a year and a half?

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

you know I didn't think Kansas was Mississippi but then again ignorance can migrate anywhere. William Allen White had to run as a third party candidate in the 1920's to open dumb Kansan's eyes to the true mission of the Ku Klux Klan. If this dog didn't hunt in 2008 and it's being used now I smell desparate weakness.,,,, nice....

mom_of_three 2 years, 9 months ago

They didn't have to dig far - just had to listen to her to find out she and the scarecrow from the wizard of oz had a lot in common

tomatogrower 2 years, 9 months ago

Poor math. He is so oppressed by the black people.

mom_of_three 2 years, 9 months ago

There are many different opinions about the the weather underground.
read and decide for yourself. But think about the era it took place. There was a lot going on.

jafs 2 years, 9 months ago

Of course.

Because those on the right who are extreme no longer exist somehow, while those on the left who are extreme do.

How do you maintain such an obvious double standard?

verity 2 years, 9 months ago

Describe to me your "average far-left zealot" please. Inquiring minds want to know.

verity 2 years, 9 months ago

Gee, thanks for that coherent answer.

Liberty275 2 years, 9 months ago

Bozo, tuskahoma. Those would be pretty good examples of zealots that merely repeat the party lines they were taught.

goodcitizen 2 years, 9 months ago

G. Gordon Liddy also advocated violence in this era and is a hero of the right....

uncleandyt 2 years, 9 months ago

I learned back in 2009 that President Obama would continue, and even expand on, many of the objectionable President Cheney policies. I learned back in the 1980s that many Americans are too busy to listen to anything that contradicts our glorious propaganda. I propose we stop yelling at puppets.

Liberty275 2 years, 9 months ago

1995 called. They want their meme back.

pizzapete 2 years, 9 months ago

It's hard to find a church or political commentator these days that doesn't "spew anti-American, homophobic, racist ramblings". It seems rather easy today to call the anti-war crowd terrorists, women who want equal rights sluts, and non-christians un-American. Not to mention how the gays want to corrupt traditional marriage and make us all Communists.

BTW didn't Bill Ayers renounce his involvement with the Weathermen and go on to be a University of Chicago professor and upstanding citizen? Calling him a terrorist is a bit of a stretch.

esteshawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Ayers and people like him HAD to fight, because America sure as anything was not going to give equal rights without such actions. How many did the WeatherUnderground kill compared to blacks that were systematically hanged? Strange Fruit, indeed.

Liberty275 2 years, 9 months ago

The weather underground killed fewer black people than the government has executed. That we know.

What's funny is that those who fought the government in the 60s, like SDS and it's spawn, now support bigger government.