Letters to the Editor

GOP club

March 8, 2012

To the editor:

I saw in the Journal-World recently that Derek Schmidt, Kansas attorney general, was here to speak. It was reported he was here to build support for the Republican Party. I found with great interest that he spoke at a local country club.

Comments

Mike Ford 2 years, 6 months ago

country clubs are where one percenters go to be amongst their caucasian friends. no wonder he's there. like most coward republicans he won't speak publically for fear of not being able or wanting to answer in question in public. I cornered him about the state's waste of taxpayer's money fighting the 7th Street Wyandotte Casino in KCK after the tribe's attorneys cleaned the state's clock in court at the Leid Center last fall. I remember when he laughed at Phil Corkins being put on the State BOE and pushing all of the voucher garbage and now this Schmidt politician is in bed with said crazies. I guess one has to drink the Kool -Aid to join though.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 6 months ago

More class warfare.

Seems that nowadays it's all the Dems have to offer.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 6 months ago

Sadly, most Democrats have joined the winning side of the class war that Reagan started 30 some years ago.

cato_the_elder 2 years, 6 months ago

If you're implying that a good number of Democrats have seen the light and chosen free enterprise over slavery to government, then I'm pleased.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 6 months ago

Funny, isn't it, that the Koch's are suing the Cato Institute? Screwing the widow out of her inheritance. It makes me long for the good old days of the Masons.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 6 months ago

No surprise that the resident cheerleader for plutocrats would be endorsing slavery to same.

nativeson 2 years, 6 months ago

As long as many see the world as Ds and Rs, government is doomed. There is plenty on both sides of the aisle to point at as the problem with politics, but it gets us no place with a sinking economy and growing national debt.

grammaddy 2 years, 6 months ago

Math wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the arse.He'djustfind a way to blame the "looney left" as he calls us. I'm betting he can't find that arse with both hands....on a good day.

Armstrong 2 years, 6 months ago

and a good alternate spot to hold the event would be what Mass St. ? I guess that would be classless warfare

Liberty275 2 years, 6 months ago

Why do you care where republicans meet?

ivalueamerica 2 years, 6 months ago

what you just said is not true.

sciencegeek 2 years, 6 months ago

its_just_math--

I've noticed that your posts tend to consist of name-calling, stereotypes, and ultra-right wing buzzwords. What I haven't seen in them is logical, fact-based discussion. You might consider changing your signon: the rules of mathematics don't allow changing of the results just because you don't like them.

I would suggest that a better forum for your rants would be as a writer for Rush Limbaugh. He's always looking for more bizarre material for his "entertainment" (his word).

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 6 months ago

Funny, isn't it that this "award winning site" allows certain people that have been perma banned to make new accounts over and over again and continue to post. I guess there's a hard, irrefutable truth in the existence of the "good ol' boy" network.

tomatogrower 2 years, 6 months ago

And now these posts will disappear.

headdoctor 2 years, 6 months ago

And the bunch of fools will ramp it up more after election time when they realize that the GOP not only pissed off their own but a large majority of female and minority voters.

somedude20 2 years, 6 months ago

The GOP club...no thank you. I care not to tap toes of the feet while I take a seat with those in the bathroom stall

"Diamonds and dust. Poor man last, rich man first. Lamborghini's, caviar. Dry martinis, Shangra-la" - B. Scott

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 6 months ago

Fred made no mention of democrats anywhere in this letter.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 2 years, 6 months ago

This simple mind can't help but wonder how long before this new persona gets disappeared.