City commissioners will hear concerns from an Old West Lawrence resident who believes the installation of a special cable/telephone box by AT& is creating an aesthetics problem in the neighborhood.
City staff members have reported the city needs to be more diligent in ensuring future installations in an historic district go through the proper review process. But the city believes state utility franchise laws prohibit the city from requiring AT&T to do additional landscaping or make other changes to the installation.
• Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 01/17/12.
• Receive minutes from various boards and commissions:
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
• Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
• Bid and purchase items:
a.) Set bid date of Feb. 21 for City Bid No. B1211, Project No. PW1204, 2012 Microsurfacing Program.
b.) Set bid date of Feb. 21 for City Bid No. B1214, Project No. PW1126, Delaware Street, Eighth Street to Ninth Street, Storm Sewer and Waterline Improvements.
c.) Set a bid date of March 6 for Bid No. B1208; Priority Group I of Project UT0919CS General Wastewater Pumping Station Improvements.
d.) Set a bid opening date of March 13 for Bid Number B1213 for 2012 Utilities Department Pump & Motor Rehabilitation Program.
e.) Set a Bid Opening Date of March 13 for Bid No.B1212; Kaw Water Treatment Plant Sludge Collector Drive Replacement.
f.) Waive bidding requirements and approve extension of the Intellution Software Maintenance (for software controlling water and wastewater treatment and distribution systems) to GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, Inc., c/o Industrial Network Systems, for $37,706.54 for the period of March 1, 2012, to March 1, 2013.
g.) Approve funding in the amount of $80,000 from the Infrastructure Sales Tax Fund to purchase a paint machine/striper, provide for equipment maintenance and purchase pavement marking material supplies. Approve funding in the amount of $35,000 from the Infrastructure Sales Tax Fund for additional contract pavement marking maintenance at major/critical intersections.
• Adopt on first reading Ordinance No. 8703, establishing no parking along the north side of 12th Street between Indiana Street and Mississippi Street, rescinding any ordinance in conflict.
• Adopt on second and final reading Ordinance No. 8695, renaming 11th Street from Mississippi Street to Missouri Street to Fambrough Drive.
• Authorize City Manager to enter into an agreement with Bartlett & West Engineering in the amount of $299,860 for the development of the Farmland Industrial Business Park Master Plan, K-10 and O’Connell intersection/signalization design, and evaluation of sustainable energy options and green infrastructure.
• Receive requests from: Paul Werner Architects, representing the former Don’s Steak House Property, Pat Slimmer (Slimmer Automotive) and Mike Hultine (on behalf of SurePoint Medical) requesting property purchase or option to purchase certain portions of the former Farmland tract property, and table requests pending completion of the Farmland Master Plan Study.
• Authorize the City Manager to enter into a Land Lease Agreement and Option to Purchase with Cornerstone Plaza LLC for parking facilities on the Farmland tract property.
• Approve selection of growers to participate in the Common Ground program, and authorize staff to negotiate license agreements between the City and the growers.
• Approve as “signs of community interest” a request from St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church to place temporary signs on church property at various times throughout 2012.
• Approve as “signs of community interest” a request from the Pilot Club of Lawrence to place a directional sign at the northwest corner of 23rd and Harper streets advertising an antique show.
• Authorize the Mayor to sign Subordination Agreements for Russell and Carol Beeson, 507 Louisiana, and Bill Rich, 1512 E. 13th St.
• Receive staff report and public comment on the issue of ATT Video Ready Access Device (VRAD) Box Installations.
• Consider Text Amendments, TA-4-6-11, to the City of Lawrence Land Development Code, Chapter 20, Articles 10 and 17, regarding synthetic turf as landscaping material.