Letters to the Editor

Kind gesture

February 2, 2012

To the editor:

I am writing this letter to thank a stranger for his or her kind words. Upon leaving work last Friday, I noticed a piece of paper under my windshield wiper. My first thought was I had gotten a ticket.  Instead, words of kindness were left from a stranger. “God Bless Your Soldier, Thank-you” were written on the paper. They had seen my “Proud Parent of a Marine” sticker on my car and left me such thoughtful words.

Your note made my day and touched my entire family. Thank you for your kindness. Your words were also passed on to “my Marine.”

Comments

Ragingbear 3 years, 7 months ago

If "God" had blessed you, then your soldier would be at home, safe and PTSD free. Not at some war that was decided by a bunch of old farts who got ticked off about some oil.

Ragingbear 3 years, 7 months ago

Actually, according to Judeo-Christian Theology "God" does have a department of defense.

parrothead8 3 years, 7 months ago

I don't agree with the war either, but it sure was nice of you to drop in and leave a huge turd all over somebody's thank you to a random act of kindness.

jaywalker 3 years, 7 months ago

My heartfelt appreciation and prayers for your family's safety.

somedude20 3 years, 7 months ago

Semper Fi 1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

1. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

2. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

3. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

4. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

5. To recieve, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer Of the Day, and officers, and noncomissioned officers of the guard only.

6. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

7. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

8. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

9. To salute all officers, and all colors and standards not cased.

10. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

beatrice 3 years, 7 months ago

Always good to let a parent know that you appreciate the sacrifice their child is making on behalf of our nation. Glad it made her feel good and I hope her son or daughter comes homes safely and soon.