City construction projects are now mapped at http://lawks.us/construction-map.
• Traffic heading in both directions on the 23rd Street bridge near Haskell Avenue will be redirected as crews work to demolish the bridge. Completion: November 2012.
• The Kansas River levee is closed for construction of Bowersock Mills and Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank. Users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Street concrete will be reworked on West 11th Street, North Third Street from Elm to Lincoln streets and Lincoln and Perry streets from North Second street to North Third Street. Through traffic will be maintained. Completion: Friday.
• Crews should begin patching asphalt in neighborhoods around the Wakarusa Drive, Harvard Road Monterey Way and Inverness Drive area. Through traffic should be maintained. Completion: spring 2013
• Westland Construction Inc. will replace a water main on Wimbledon Drive from Inverness to Crossgate drives. Access to Wimbledon Drive may be reduced to one lane during construction.
• A contractor for the city of Lawrence will be working on curb and gutter repairs as well as road milling and patching in an area between West Second and West Sixth streets and Indiana and Maine streets. Through traffic will be maintained but there is a possibility of road closure during asphalt overly. The city will notify businesses and residents if driveway access is restricted. Completion: Friday.
•Sixth Street/County Road 1055 north of U.S. Highway 56/Ames Street will be closed in sections of a three-phase project. There will be a marked detour.
• Eastbound left lane of Kansas Highway 10 west of the Church Street interchange will be closed up to approximately a half-mile east of County Route 442/North 1400 Road interchange for concrete work between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Wednesday. Completion: Wednesday.
East 1900 Road
• County Road 1057/East 1900 Road is closed between the Kansas Highway 10 interchange and County Road 458/North 1000 Road. A marked detour is provided. Completion: November 2012.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.