The Kansas Historic Sites Board of Review has added the former State Bank of Eudora building at 707 Main St. to the state’s register of historic places. The building was constructed in late 1892, and housed several banks in the community over the past century.
The board also is recommending the Charles & Elizabeth Haskell French House at 1300 Haskell Ave. be added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The house, one of three old homes just north of the former East Heights elementary school, was built over several years beginning in 1869. The house was built by the sister of famed architect John Haskell, who may have played a role in the design and construction of the house.
The board’s recommendation on the Haskell property now will be reviewed by the Keeper of the National Register of Historic Places in Washington, D.C.