• Carl Cline, Sarah Dreiling and John Esau, real estate sales professionals in Lawrence, all have joined the Keller Williams Realty Diamond Partners Market Center.
Cline has an extensive background in residential real estate, land and corporate relocation and has been in the real estate industry for over 10 years. Dreiling is a Lawrence native and has been in the real estate industry for six years. Esau has lived and worked in Lawrence for over 30 years and has an extensive background in residential real estate.
• Roger L. Schenewerk, branch manager/financial adviser, located at 1425 Oread West, Suite 106, was recently named a member of the 2012 Executive Council. Securities are offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. This marks the fourth consecutive year Schenewerk has qualified for this recognition. He joined Raymond James in 1994 and has more than 18 years of experience in the financial services industry.
• The Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet opened Tuesday in the shopping center near 33rd and Iowa streets. The new restaurant is an all-buffet business. But the buffet includes a grill where a chef will prepare meat and vegetables for you while you watch, said manager Alan Chang. Prices for lunch are $6.95 for adults, and the dinner buffet is $9.95.
• Shawnee Mission Kia of Lawrence is opening at 1225 E. 23rd St., which is the former Auto Exchange location. Chin Rajapaksha is general manager of the Lawrence location. The dealership, which expects to employ about 20 people, will have a sales and service department. Hours of operation will be from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays.
• Briggs Subaru has completed work to transform the former Enterprise Rent-A-Car location at 2233 W. 29th Terrace in the Lawrence Auto Plaza into a new home for the Subaru dealership. Briggs has been using a building across the street to house both its Subaru and Nissan dealerships. The move has required Briggs to increase its sales staff by about six people, and also to add several new service positions, said Eric Giroux, marketing manager for Briggs. Briggs also plans an addition and remodeling at the former location of Jack Ellena Honda, where it will open a Briggs Auto Body Repair Shop.
• Gould Evans announces Matthew McKillip has joined the firm as a designer. In his new position, he is assisting with schematic design and design development for several projects. Before joining the staff at Gould Evans, McKillip was a Kansas University student in the Master of Architecture program, earning his degree this spring.
• Dr. Kirsten Evans announces the opening of her new practice, Lawrence Pediatrics, 543 Lawrence Ave., Suite D. Office hours will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evans began scheduling appointments last week and will start seeing patients Nov. 7. Evans completed medical school and residency at Kansas University Medical Center, and has practiced pediatrics in Topeka, Kansas City and Virginia. She has worked in private practice, as a faculty member at KUMC, and as a pediatric hospitalist at Stormont-Vail Health Care.
• Mike Everett with Life Success & Legacy was an exhibitor at the Cleveland Chiropractic College Homecoming, Oct. 7-9, and Kansas Chiropractic Association meeting on Oct. 14-16. In both events, Everett presented on the Infinite Banking Concept.