• Repair work on a leaking water main valve will partially close the roundabout at Harvard Road and Monterey Way beginning Monday. Southbound traffic will be allowed through the roundabout, but it will be closed to northbound traffic on Monterey Way and westbound traffic on Harvard Road. Completion: Friday.
• Mill and overlay project began Sept. 7 on Kasold Drive from Trail to Peterson roads. There will be at least one lane of traffic open in each direction. Completion: late October.
• Resurfacing project on County Road 1061 from the Franklin County line to North 1200 Road. Traffic will be restricted to one lane and will be controlled through the work area. Completion: Nov. 4.
• Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas. Completion: 2012.
• Single-lane traffic on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuilding of road. Eastbound traffic on Clinton Parkway will have one through lane and one left-turn lane. Right turns onto Kasold will be allowed from the through lane. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add center turn lane on Kasold Drive from Clinton Parkway to 31st streets. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Drivers passing through the construction zone via Clinton Parkway eastbound will be limited to one through lane and one left turn lane. Completion: late fall.
• Kansas River levee closed for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant on the north bank — users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack-sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects, visit lawrenceks.org.
• Minor concrete patching on repairs to Kasold Frontage north of Tam O’Shanter and Camelback Drive near Quail Creek Drive. Some single-lane traffic and parking impact, but it will be minimal. Completion: mid- to late October.
• Kansas River Bridge resurfacing project. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on U.S. Highway 40-59. Completion: late October.
U.S. Highway 59
• Northbound lanes over the Wakarusa River bridge will be reduced to one lane during repair and resurfacing project. Completion: late October.
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
• Pavement repair will close varying lanes in Topeka from the Adams Interchange to the Kansas Turnpike Authority toll booth. Completion: mid- to late fall.
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas and Riverview avenues. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Pavement repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. One lane closed from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Two lanes closed 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.