Letters to the Editor

Kansas way?

November 2, 2011

To the editor:

Anyone who alleges Gov. Sam Brownback to be unimaginative is clearly mistaken. After all, how many of us would have thought to enlist folks from Florida (Mr. Siedlecki and colleagues) and from New York City’s Park Avenue (the Blackstone Group) to “do things the Kansas way”?

Comments

rtwngr 2 years, 5 months ago

Well, I was talking to my comrade, here in Brownbackistan and I was commenting on how I like being the one percent and watching all of the libs in Lawrence, KS starve. Let them eat cake, I say.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 5 months ago

Elections have consequences. (from a source)

2 years, 5 months ago

@catoTE. re: your 0719.

Even though, you, my friend, are a victim of disorganized thinking, thank you for finally confirming that even arch-conservatives such as you admit we are no longer in Kansas, but in Brownbackistan. (I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more.)

BTW, I would not say the rest of Brownbackistan doesn't want anything to do with us. Why, one of my friends is a Conservative (read that from the '60's).

AND, you really should lighten up because anger so clouds the mind, that it cannot perceive the truth.

jayhawklawrence 2 years, 5 months ago

This letter gave me a chuckle.

I have found one positive to the Brownback administration.

I love that 75 mile per hour speed limit!

mloburgio 2 years, 5 months ago

Brownbackistan a pseudo-Christian fascist state where the arts are not publicly funded, women's reproductive rights are relentlessly attacked, public school funding is drastically cut, voter suppression laws make it nearly impossible for new voters to register to vote, and social services are turned over to evangelical "Christian" groups, all done with the backing of the Koch brothers. Brownbackistan is a place where civil responsibility takes a back seat to religious intolerance and corporate greed

Abdu Omar 2 years, 5 months ago

Oh Please, this Brownback is a total misfit for his position. I guess he demonstrates the "Peter Principle".