Archive for Friday, June 24, 2011

Attorney working on South Lawrence Trafficway lawsuit says attempt at mediation ended in impasse

June 24, 2011, 4:01 p.m. Updated June 24, 2011, 5:26 p.m.

Parties in an ongoing lawsuit seeking to change the construction path for an extension of the South Lawrence Trafficway have tried mediation and come to an impasse, said an attorney for the plaintiffs in the case.

Earlier, U.S. District Judge Kathryn Vratil issued a 59-page decision affirming the process used by the Federal Highway Administration to align an extension of the trafficway along what would be 32nd Street. The route would complete the connection between Kansas Highway 10 and Interstate 70.

Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation and six other environmental groups who filed the lawsuit appealed the ruling to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in April.

They contend that the proposed route through the Baker Wetlands violates federal environmental law.

Bob Eye, an attorney representing the group wanting to move the road, said both parties had already tried mediation and didn’t come to a resolution.

David Aemmer, chief circuit mediator for the court of appeals in Denver, could not discuss the transportation case specifically, but he explained how mediation generally worked at the appeals court level.

He said that usually mediation for civil cases happens automatically. A staff of mediators will meet with attorneys from both sides and will determine whether a settlement can be arranged.

The meetings and discussions are confidential and can occur even as the regular court case is proceeding, Aemmer said.

The mediator’s office has the power to grant each side additional time to file briefs — as happened in this case, according to court documents.

That can be a sign that productive discussions toward a settlement are occurring, Aemmer said.

In this case, Eye said, the mediator allowing more time to file briefs “may have been more wishful thinking” than an indication that a settlement could be reached.

Comments

IdahoWinds 2 years, 9 months ago

Tuschie, You claim that this isn't about a grudge and it isn't about anger. You have the right to say what you believe. But, you also need to understand that most people find you as an extremist looking for publicity for irrational demands without any real rational support. Sure, you can quote all of these offensive actions from the past all across the country but to try to claim that those have any real connection to using <10% of the Baker Wetlands for a road is a plain, irrational disconnect. As I have said in the past - to you this is a symbol of insensitivity. I get that, but in reality, after the road is built, life will go on, the 90% of the Baker Wetlands still present will still be just as sacred. In fact, north of the new roads will be a new, expanded wetlands that will be just as sacred (maybe even more so since it is a frame of mind, rather than reality) as the Baker Wetlands, and they will be much more available than in the past. But then again, who am I to dictate anything to you? If you want to go ahead and carry around that angry grudge...I guess that's your choice?

swan_diver 2 years, 9 months ago

NE Kansas ain't Europe, with its population density, but the point should be taken.

The 'pave it over' crowd of morons who don't mind having their and their children's lives controlled by big oil and its handmaiden politicians should think about transportation alternatives that will keep America in the game until the later innings...

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

The third paragraph pretty much nails the empirical point of legitimacy that those people including me have in opposing your road. Numerous indigenous cultures indicated that the wetlands were sacred to them in written testimony to the Corps of Engineers during the scoping process of the EIS. The lie here is that the railroaders of Indians gave no legitimacy to the TCP claim because they knew their road was toast if they did. I found an eight page letter I wrote to the US Army Corps of Engineers nine years ago concerning all of this stuff wrong with this road project.

Mr. Brockington did elementary research without really digging on his report that all of the road builders worship like a religious document. He said all we did was hold a yearly event pow-wow and that was the extent of our cultural beliefs....REALLY!!!!

Did he report on the all night wake held on Haskell campus for the Creek elder Dempsey Mikko that I attended? bear in mind that in most indigenous cultures it is sacreligious to speak of the dead. With this in mind did this white ethnologist really expect anyone to violate their own religious beliefs to be quantified by some stranger that would disregard them anyway????

This land was used by Caddoan cultures for plant gathering a thousand or more years ago. The Dhegian peoples, being either Kaw or Osage were all through this area collecting medicinal plants. People talk all the time about all of the medicinal discoveries made in the Amazon by indigenous people there. Duh, it happened here also.

Boarding schools were initiated by Colonel Richard Pratt after working with Comanche, Apache, Cheyenne, and Kiowa POW's at a Florida prison in the mid 1870's. Tribal languages and beliefs were criminally prohibited by law at federal boarding schools by the mid 1880's. This ban didn't end on paper until the early 1990's. Once the ban was lifted the prayer area in the back of the campus was created. I love how these clowns claim that the prayer area was created to stop the SLT. Delusion is nice. In response to the zealousness of Christianity in the 19th century students went to the wetlands to speak and pray in their tribal languages. That's why the area is sacred. If they did so on campus, beatings, soap in the mouth, food denial, and imprisonment occured. Some Christians must be proud of their culture. None of this will mean anything to dummies but oh well. When does history matter to dummies anyway.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

A Traditional Cultural Property (TCP) is a sacred place associated with cultural practice and beliefs. Traditional Cultural Properties are rooted in the history of a community. They are important in maintaining the continuity of the community’s practices and traditional beliefs. --Brian Haley. et al.

TCP's are a property, or a place, that is eligible for inclusion on the Nation Register of Historic Places because of its association with cultural practices and beliefs. --Patricia L. Parker

Differences between traditional cultural properties and other kinds of historic properties is that their significance cannot be determined solely by historians, ethnographer, ethnohistorians, ethnobotanists, and other professionals. TCP’s are determined by the cultures that value them. --Patricia L. Parker

The National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 is to “preserve the historical and cultural foundations of the Nation as living parts of community life.” Traditional Cultural Properties are supported by the Amendment 1992 and section 101(d) and 110, 106.

JackRipper 2 years, 9 months ago

Anyone too dense to understand that by desecrating lands that have meaning to Native Americans for a stupid road isn't history in the past but happening right now. Those who talk like some how going without the road all these years is comparable to having your existence wiped out by force and by lies told by our merry ol government are as dense as your arguments make you sound and truly are deserving of the future coming. All we have to do is look at this state and all the dead, dying towns built by corporations bringing people in to settle the land and create business for the rail to realize how short lived all these brain dead projects are. As someone said, this is no bypass but more about opening up more land for the kind of growth we created that failed big time for this country and with gas prices for sure going up in the future the luxury of living miles away from where you work is going to be mighty expensive. It is time to get the developers out of how this city runs and start doing real planning instead of the failed growth in hopes of tax dollars, we should have learned it has failed as a plan!

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

secondly, spell desecrate right. You are a laff riot sometimes, tushy.

swan_diver 2 years, 9 months ago

The so-called SLT was never meant to be a 'bypass' by the development crowd who brought it to the table. It was meant to be a revenue generator for local real estate interests. Hence the hex.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

texting, the de-evolution of american communication.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

firstly, spell hypocrite right. Secondly, I've been to Wounded Knee. I've been through Greenwood in Tulsa. I grew up near Gnadenhutten in Ohio. I was alive as this land was laundered in the early 1970's. I remember Mr. Boyd's tractor accident when I was young in Baldwin City. I' ve been a historian since I was young. I saw Poverty Point in Louisiana as a ten year old and visited a number of Civil War and Indian sites in LA and MS before I was a teenager. Heck, my father took me to the Lorriane Motel in Memphis where MLK was assasinated when I was three. The church where my father preached in Elyria, Ohio, had speakers from the American Indian Movement speak to the youth in the early 1970's. I've absorbed history my whole life because I grew up in historical parts of Ohio, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kansas and I listened to people and read as a young child. History from a textbook wasn't spoonfed to me. The land should be deeded to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation and away from Baker.

Armored_One 2 years, 9 months ago

"you have no memory therefore you have no remorse"

You weren't alive when the majority of the stuff you bring up happened, Tusch, so you have no memory of it either. All you have is what has been told to you by others, none of which were alive when 99% of this excrement happened. Hypocrit.

And you still haven't answered my question about whether you would want the lands that were "stolen" returned. If all you can do is rant and rave, then maybe we should just lump you in with Fred Phelps.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

will the bones your bulldozers desecrete recover? will the anguish of the ancestors you desecrete recover? you have no memory therefore you have no remorse. Why should you have any memory, you're an American.... do the Oklahomans who committed the Greenwood massacre in Tulsa in 1921 have any memory? do the Builderback descendants in Ohio have any memory of how in 1782 one Charles Builderback tied up Christian Munsee Indians and beat them to death with his own bare hands. The Munsee descendants of nearby Pomona, Kansas do. Charles Pratt designed boarding schools to beat the Indian out of young kids. Sorry Idahowinds, they're still Indian and so am I. Haskell was one of the beat the Indian out of them boarding schools and the United Methodist Church ran Haskell on behalf of the US Government. No separation of state when the churches were doing the dirty work of assimilation. Only naive people move on and ask for forgiveness if they even admit wrong in the first place. Naivity speaks volumes in America.

IdahoWinds 2 years, 9 months ago

"this is not about grudges..." "This isn't about anger..." "I don't have hangups..." "I don't go patriotic..." I am truly amazed that you are able to carry around all this knowledge without being a bigot and at the same time having room in your heart to pity us white people for our ignorant, selfish ways. I feel honored to not know you! People do stupid, crazy, mean stuff to each other all the time. They seem to manage to survive and procreate and leave more and more offspring. I'm not too concerned about it (especially stuff that happened generations ago!). Like Kelly Barth, I think we should be more concerned about the environment, whether Bozo accepts that are not, I also don't care. The completion of the SLT on 32nd St and the mitigation that KDOT, the Corps, and Baker Univ have come up with will more than compensate for the environmental loss created by the road. The environment will recover well and except for a few old grumpies like Tuschie and Bozo, the people will recover and move on as well.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

american indian studies might as well happen here. One, the US Constitution assigned plenary power to the US Congress over Indian Affairs in the Commerce Clause. Even after the Indian Non-Intercourse Act of 1790 was passed prohibiting the taking of lands by states without an act of congress, the thirteen colonies all were formed by tribal lands taken illegally by colonies without an act of congress. these colonies got away with this from 1790 to 1974 when the Oneida and Cayuga tribes sued for hundred of thousands of acres of land taken without an act of congress. Subsequent tribes like the Narragansett, Pequot, Passamaquoddy, Abnaki, Penobscot, and Catawba tribes all sued and got land returned as states violated the law. Republicans couldn't handle the truth so they gamed the power of the federal government like cowards always do and went the state's rights route attacking the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to cripple Narragansett land acquisition after the Narragansett legislature illegally stole their remaining lands in 1880. Are you all that proud of being thieves?? better go pray about it....

Boston_Corbett 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe Tuschie can drop by and pick up a deed to Bozo's house.

Floyd Craig 2 years, 9 months ago

well u got to many people in this who dont know thier head from a hole in the ground they need to keep thier nose out of it its not been a wet land for 100 yrs it use to be a dam farm and they want to look good but more n more they look so stupid plus they r costing use more money by fighting it so shut up n let it go

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

ALL of the land you all live on was taken by your government. The land you're trying to build through was taken by your government and laundered illegally in the last forty years so that you could be paid to desecrete other peoples who have legal rights which upset your apple cart until you get know nothing minority oppressing republicans in office who's idea of smaller government is shutting up and limiting the scope of authority government agencies to allow you to pull off this nonsense in spite of all the laws and legitimate reasons to the contrary. You are so disconnected you don't see how all of your actions play up to this day. I don't rub my father's nose in it. He thinks you all are in the wrong and he thinks the church should do more than have some Shawnee Wyandotte Methodist reconciliation ceremony on the Baker campus that does nothing except assuage White guilt so that people can go out and commit sins against others again in the form of this road. I've studied the past, and the present to talk about what I talk about. You just don't like being pinned down so you change the subject. Sorry your boarding schools and your white washing history denying colleges that only teach the George Will Pat Buchanan view of history didn't reach me. in the early 19th century there was a Methodist Pequot minister, William Apess, who spoke of the atrocities committed against his people by colonists being driven into a swamp and burned alive with the survivors being sold as slaves to the other tribes and the West Indies in the 1630's. He mysteriously disappeared for his critical talk to be never seen again and of course the Pequots have all the haters and the Foxwoods casino in Connecticut currently. You don't know history and this is why you have no clue as to the sins you're commiting with this project. I pity you.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

redneck 2 years, 9 months ago

Not sure what the past has to do with the SLT. I'm sorry about what my ancestors did to you're ancestors in the past. I know it was wrong. It wasn't me who did that to you're ancestors, so why are you making me pay for something I did not do? And how long are you going to make me and my children pay, for what our ancestors did? While we are at it, lets pay everybody my ancestors wronged in the past. Lets pay the African Americans for making them slaves, and the Mexicans for taking their land, and the women for making them second class citizens, and the mentally ill for putting them into institutions, and the people with disabilities for putting them into institutions, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. The SLT is not a sin; you simply got out voted. The majority thinks we need this, and you need to get over you're self. If this was my land, and I'm as white as the Pillsbury doughboy, it would have been built years ago. The government takes white people's land to build shopping malls, but God forbid we take land from Native Americans to build a much-needed bypass. Get over it!

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

this is not about grudges in fact your inference as such just furthers what little concept you have of this country and the history it won't own up to. This isn't about anger your inference to anger is just a conveinient sidestep to history you're oblivous to. I can sit and write what I wrote off of the top of my head because I've learned and studied and experienced because I don't have hangups about the past and I don't go patriotic to whitewash it. I love how you defend the mythology of this country and it's righteous and fair and balanced view of it's sins. My knowledge of the past and it's connection to the present and future can be seen in a circle of repeated bad behavoir I've learned by studying a history you denigrate. I have nothing to get over but you use ruses to duck the history I speak of like I have some previous life dementia. It's simple, own your history and stop commiting the sins of it in the present. Chi pisali chikki. It's Choctaw you know.

Armored_One 2 years, 9 months ago

"Build it south of the river. Build it south of the river! Builkd it south of the river demmit!!!"

Can you foam at the mouth a bit harder, or have you reached a critical foam overflow point?

Honestly.

Up the bridge on the south side of town is already built. Are you suggesting a 90 degree curve or something to suddenly jerk it south? Let here some concrete (pun not intended) plans on how you think it could be built without wasting the money that has already been dropped into the existing section of the SLT. Obviously you MUST know what you are talking about, since you demand it be built and how it would be cheaper all around.

Or are you just spewing noise out the seat of your pants for no better reason than to hear your own ego talking?

IdahoWinds 2 years, 9 months ago

Grudges can eat you up. I try to look at life as an opportunity to make the world a better place by helping the environment. I'm not too much into the people aspect. They always end up screwing the environment, and this pretty much includes native people. I get that you feel that everything hinges on the injustices done to native peoples in the past (and I would assume the present). But I can't seem to see that you are making any headway with the anger thing. Do you find that people don't like being around you? You need to get some counseling and release some of this anger, man!

Scott Morgan 2 years, 9 months ago

tuscha, I respect your spirit. On the other hand my people the Welsh were never conquered by a foreign invasion, including the Romans and Huns.

Romans thought of Wales as not worthy. Or, we need to get over things.

Mike Ford 2 years, 9 months ago

immigrants mock others because they don't have historical memory here. Here's the present history the dense people deny. The wetlands were purchased in parcels with congressional tribal funds between 1885 and 1904. The farming occurred in spite of constant flooding. In 1934, the farming program moved to Chilocco Indian School. During FDR the Indian New Deal occured promoting the ability of tribes to stop land theft by allotment and the restarting of tribal governments through the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 after tribal governments were disbanded by the US Government so that more land could be stolen. In 1949, a federal surplus lands act was passed. In 1953, the US Congress began a fire sale of legal tribal identity with House Resolution 108 which resulted in termination of federal recognition for 200 tribes . As tribal nations federal recognition was dissolved white resource seekers snapped up timber, water, fossil fuels, and land. Terminated tribes included the Menominee, Wyandotte, Peoria, Ottawa, Modoc, Northern Ponca, Alabama Coushatta, Siletz, Grand Ronde, amongst many. Termination was attempted on the Kansas Tribes in the 1950's, but the Potawatomi and Kickapoo tribes successfully fought this congressional act and survived with federal recognition intact to this day. In this same period, Public Law 47 was passed allowing for 20 acres of land to be ceded at ONE Time which explains all of the twenty acre parcels that Arrowhead Park and the schools are built on. Public Law 87 called for 50 acres to be ceded at ONE time. Both laws were codifed as Title 25, Chapter 7, Section 293a, or the Federal Indian School Surplus Lands Act of 1962. With federal guidelines on paper, why did the Baker peoples have to circumvent these FEDERAL REGS to launder (Steal) the lands through Health Education and Welfare Department? They act like such pious protectors of land they seek to exploit for name recognition. Sacred sites legislation, burial site protection, historical protection.... all legitimate points ignored by the current kansans who seek to promote their beloved past of stealing Indian land for transportation projects. Lawrence, Leavenworth, & Galveston Railroad, built in 1867 and abandoned in 1980. It took the lands of the Sac and Fox, Ottawa, and Osage peoples. Union Pacific Eastern Division built in the mid 1860's on the stolen lands of the Delaware and Citizen Band Potawatomi people. Leavenworth Pawnee, & Western, built on stolen Kickapoo lands after 1862 treaty. South Lawrence Trafficway, proposed on tribal farming lands that double as traditional worship area for Indians rejecting the violent suppression of their religious beliefs by overzealous christians, stolen by a protestant university following in the same steps as Ottawa University who had the Indian Claims Commission of the US Government pay for their sins. Theft then, theft now, too bad you don't know or own your own history. priceless.....

JulieCRea 2 years, 9 months ago

Until the decision can be made, can't we just install a stoplight at 31st & Louisiana as well as 31st & Haskell? That wouldn't be as expensive and at least might help traffic flow until the decision is made.

Scott Morgan 2 years, 9 months ago

Hey folks a modern 4 lane superhighway is being built, in fact finalizing the bridge on Douglas County 458 within sight of Lawrence proper as I peck.

If nothing is done the new highway will end in the Wallie World parking lot.

Geez we can do better than this, what a joke. Is it ancestral sacred lands or a turtle humping pond? Anywho, would be a fun drive through just like the thousands of swamp miles in Florida. Maybe we would see a raccoon or native beaver.

oletimer 2 years, 9 months ago

ok, first when did the casino indians get involved? They the only one's with money to fight this? What interest do they have in this? Can someone figure out how many millions of dollars eye and his cronies are costing the majority of us who want this road? The majority of us voted to build the road. The majority still want and need the road. Yet a SMALL group of ingrates continue to hold everyone else hostage with their games. How long are we going to put up with this crap? Oh right, brownback is busy kissing the anti-abortion folks, so he has not got any time to look into something costing the state millions of dollars. One and done, brownback. One and done.

Starlight 2 years, 9 months ago

You really appreciate a road when it isn't there. Anybody else take a trip on 75 up to Omaha lately? Guess where a good part of I29s traffic is.

Build this and super2 458 at the same time.

Jimo 2 years, 9 months ago

If those darn Indians just weren't in our way!

That sentiment could sum up most of American history.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

If the opponents didn't see themselves as Gandalf on the bridge, this could have been settled ages ago.

IdahoWinds 2 years, 9 months ago

You are implying that this has something to do with property rights? Baker University is the legal owner of the Baker Wetlands. They support completing the road through their own wetlands. They have been good stewards of the land in the past and continue to be. And yet no road! Why? Because we have a long list of laws and regulations and USACOE, FHWA, KDOT and others are doing everything they can to make sure it is done correctly. A big part of "doing it correctly" is to let everyone have their say. That is part of our democratic system. It does not mean you necessarily HAVE TO LISTEN or do what the opposition wants - but they have to have their opportunity to rant. The biggest problem seems to be the egos of the opponents. They believe that they are the only ones that are right. And so far their "rights to rant" have not run out. Just like the Phelps. We don't like what they have to say, but they have the right to say it. So try to take a deep breath, let them rant, and realize that when Bob Eye is quoted as saying it is at an impasse that is good news because we are that much closer to the time when the Circuit Court Judges say - "Times UP, KDOT wins."

Darwin 2 years, 9 months ago

First off - In the past, the Baker Wetlands were not flooded until when we got Spring rains. Of course...beavers damming things up actually turned it into the "Wetlands" that it is today. I grew up in Lawrence and lived there until 2006, so yes I do remember.

Meaning no disrespect, but if I owned the property in question or the majority of people in general did...this would have already been a done deal. Kind of like the city coming in and building a sidewalk through your yard. Guess what - you have no choice and you have to provide the upkeep which is total BS. I agree...there were sad times and still are, but I owe no one an apology for things which were done in the past and currently to Native Americans or any other group. I did not do any injustices.

Steve Miller 2 years, 9 months ago

They don't want to get it built, they are making to much money the way it is .

Steve Miller 2 years, 9 months ago

For the money spent on lawyers, politicans, debates , courts, they could have already built 3 bypasses with several resturants , rest areas and so on .. . It is trying to fill the ocean with a teaspoon.

LJ Whirled 2 years, 10 months ago

Bob Eye ... prolonging murderous conditions on US 59 and other area highways for decades.

sierraclub 2 years, 10 months ago

How much money has the 'environmental groups' wasted on their lawsuits and lawyers? How many more 'wetlands' could they have built with that money? Seems to me like they want to argue but not get anything actually done.

Doppleganger 2 years, 10 months ago

Lawrence elite do not get to see many swamps. So it is understandible that they are upset. There are several examples of manmade structures enhancing wildlife. The Alaskan pipeline is one. Aligator highway in Florida is another. If the Lawrence elite can't get out of town, they need to at least virtually see the rest of the world on their laptops to have a better understanding that life goes on.

blue73harley 2 years, 10 months ago

"The evil we have wrought in the past has not yet been redeemed. Give it another 100 years or so."

Yep, I figure we just might get the damn thing built in a 100 years or so. Gotta pay for that evil "we" did.

sad_lawrencian 2 years, 10 months ago

Just build the damn highway already. Thank you.

Mike Ford 2 years, 10 months ago

steveguy and blue73harley, when do anti-intellectual and history devoid people do anything with the Nature Conservancy or the Sierra Club anyway? When did Peter Griffin of Family Guy fame join MENSA? Let's see what the white US Government has done in the past? completely underfund treaty obligations and allow people to starve and squatters to inhabit stolen lands. Ever heard of the New Ulm Massacre in Minnesota? it happened because your government ignored the Fort Snelling Treaty of 1851 and allowed Dakota people to starve and squatters to come in. Dakota people sought justice through fighting back and they were ethnically and geographically removed from most of Minnesota to live in exile in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Saskatchewan. This is one of a couple of hundred examples of your lying government. The New England Emigrant Aid Society squatted on Shawnee lands to found Lawrence in 1854. In 1887 US senator Henry Dawes pushed the Dawes Act on tribes taking their lands and giving them a pittance in return. My Choctaw ancestors registered for Choctaw lands in Oklahoma and were denied a part of their lands. What was the Termination Act of 1953? it freed tribes from federal recognition so that white people could have our water, our timber, and our natural resources. Another brilliant theft scheme. Why is Haskell funded? it is funded as an extension of the Civilization Act of 1819. You steal our lands and give us education through torture from the 1870's to the 1930's. It's amazing what historically stupid people say, but ignorance is being championed currently.

steveguy 2 years, 10 months ago

If the goverment would stop funding Haskell the problem would go away.

blue73harley 2 years, 10 months ago

If you are disgusted about how this has dragged on, boycott the Prairie Band Casino. Do not join or contribute to the Sierra Club. Do not contribute to the Nature Conservancy. Do not attend ANY events at Haskell.

Has Haskell declared their new "Walkway to Nowhere" sacred yet?

50YearResident 2 years, 10 months ago

Bob Eye is trying to change this old saying from "It's my way or the highway" to "It's my way or no highway"

sierraclub 2 years, 10 months ago

And, correct me if I am wrong, but if the 'environmental groups' that have been fighting this had used the money to actually 'build' wetlands instead of on lawyers, how many 'wetlands' could have been built???

sierraclub 2 years, 10 months ago

Just go 5 miles west of Topeka and put in another artificial moat/wetlands and in a few years, the swap/insect breeding ground will be better than here.

ahyland 2 years, 10 months ago

I just got a callback from an attorney on the case, who provided some good info on the mediation situation, so I updated the story with the new information.

Andy Hyland LJWorld reporter

LogicMan 2 years, 10 months ago

Nothing to mediate. Just move the artificial wetlands south of the river.

Clark Coan 2 years, 10 months ago

Nothing to mediate. Just build the road south of the wetlands.

rockchalker52 2 years, 10 months ago

I've been waiting so long I'll probably need a bypass by the time they build it. Make mine a triple.

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 10 months ago

Get it bult, I am running out of time----getting old----waited 20 some odd years, does anyone know if the bridge over 59 highway where the bypass ends is still traffic worthy???? or will it have to replaced.