Letters to the Editor

Planning ahead

June 4, 2011

To the editor:

1. Kansas Rep. Pete DeGraaf says we need to plan ahead and that he has lots of things he plans ahead for. And he’s against Planned Parenthood?

2. He carries a/one spare tire in his car. Sounds like he isn’t planning for a nail spill like the one that shut down Interstate 70 the other week. Maybe he thinks it could never happen to him?

Hmmmmmmm.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 4 years, 2 months ago

One thing he clearly didn't plan for was being born without a compassionate bone in his body.

Dan Eyler 4 years, 2 months ago

Dear Congressman, poor choice of words but right on the money. Compassion my #&$. Suggesting that women carry writers to your insurance is exactly right. I do it for fear of cancer. I pay extra for fear of disability, If women have a fear of being raped by the insurance. This has nothing to do with compassion. Rape is the least of the reasons women seek and abortion so don't play the compassion nonsense. We all understand the stigma and pain associated with rape. You can drive to your local health department and be provided medication that will immediately stop the pregnancy if that is the case. I know, that sound non compassionate. I have a hunch the additional cost to your insurance is going to be reasonable and the chances of using it for most will be slim and none. I don't think I will get cancer but my mom died of it. I don't think I will be disabled either but I certainly plan for it when I can.

Jimo 4 years, 2 months ago

"We all understand the stigma and pain associated with rape."

Can't speak for everyone but I'm 99.99% sure you don't.

Let's just pray that God will show you more compassion than you show others. That wouldn't take much.

deec 4 years, 2 months ago

Planning for medical conditions for which you may have a genetic predisposition is hardly the same as planning to be a crime victim. And no, unless you've been a sexual assault victim, you do not know what it is like. So share with us, please, your rape experience, or keep your self-righteous patronization off women's bodies.

kernal 4 years, 2 months ago

I've added riders to my insurance,but I leave it to the insurance company to provide the writers of the riders.

Brock Masters 4 years, 2 months ago

How can one take comments written by posters seriously when they think DeGraaf is a congressman. Geez, how out of touch with politics are they?

deec 4 years, 2 months ago

"I pay extra for fear of disability, If women have a fear of being raped by the insurance." I think most people fear being screwed by their insurance, but that's different than rape. And how much does that fear of disability cost you? Does that count your therapist and the meds? Or is that a reference to your particular...um...night time interests?

rtwngr 4 years, 2 months ago

What is compassionate about killing another human being? Regardless of whether the human was created by rape or has a genetic defect, what makes killing this defenseless human justified?

funkdog1 4 years, 1 month ago

What is compassionate about forcing a woman to bring to term a baby whose brain is developing outside her head and will die in front of her parents?

KSManimal 4 years, 1 month ago

This GOP maneuvering has little to do with stopping abortions, and a lot to do with legislating additional income for health insurance companies. Just look at who contributes to campaigns of so-called pro-life GOP folks.

I await falsification of this hypothesis.....

jafs 4 years, 1 month ago

It will be interesting to see if insurance premiums go down when they no longer cover abortions.