Archive for Sunday, July 3, 2011

Police identify boy who drowned at Lone Star Lake

Douglas County Underwater Search and Recovery Team members search the swim beach area at Lone Star Lake for a missing seven-year-old Kansas City, Mo. boy on Saturday, June 2, 2011. The crew suspended their search for the night due to darkness and will resume at first light on Sunday.

July 3, 2011

Douglas County emergency personnel, standing, console the parents, of a missing 7-year-old Kansas City, Mo., boy, Sunday morning July 3, 2011. Douglas County search and recovery divers found the body about 8:30 a.m.

The search for a missing 7-year-old Kansas City, Mo., boy, ended Sunday morning July 3, 2011. Douglas County search and recovery divers found a body about 8:30 a.m.

The search for the missing 7-year-old ended Sunday morning at Lone Star Lake after Douglas County search and recovery divers found the body about 8:30 a.m.

Sgt. Steve Lewis, a Douglas County Sheriff’s spokesman, identified the boy as Osiris M. Lumanyika. His parents are Clement Lumanyika, father, and Rashi Edmond.

A diver found the body outside a dock separating the shallow water near the beach from the rest of the lake, according to Lewis.

Check back with LJWorld.com for updates.

Comments

captainzeep 3 years, 4 months ago

Absolutely heartbreaking. My family's thoughts and prayers go out to the grieving family.

grammaddy 3 years, 4 months ago

This is so sad.Parents hug your kids tightly today and every day. You never know when it may be your last chance to do so. My condolences to his family and friends.

ksb 3 years, 4 months ago

I was thinking about this boy and his family all night, and I am so deeply sorry to learn of this news. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, especially his mama.

ToniD 3 years, 4 months ago

Of course, we are sending all of our thoughts and prayers toward this family for their loss. Is there anything we can do to help this family as a community?

Confrontation 3 years, 4 months ago

This is really sad! My thoughts are will this family. I hope that the LJWorld staff seriously monitors the comments that will pop up here today.

Courtney87 3 years, 4 months ago

I am sooooooo sorry for this family's loss, I couldn't sleep all night thinkin about what they must have been going through, I think we were all praying that there would be a happy ending in this situation. I have swam im Lone Star before and I believe that if the child went under the dock (like a lot of kids do) no one would have saw him if he was fighting to stay above water, and there's not a lot of free space between the dock and the water! I believe a life guard should definetly be placed on duty, and there should be a safety net to keep kids from going under the dock!!!!! No one sould EVER have to experience a loss like this......goes to show you just how precious life really is!!!!

Caller Hunsaker 3 years, 4 months ago

Father God, grant these parents the strength to get through this difficult time. Give them peace in knowing there son loved them and knew their love for him. Comfort them and show them your love. Help them through council to live the rest of their lives without guilt, help them financially to pay for the bills that will come with this death. Be with them always and help them to find strength through you. In Christ - Amen

Caller Hunsaker 3 years, 4 months ago

Before everyone starts to comment....Oooops incorrect use of "there" - should be "their son"

justme2 3 years, 4 months ago

Prayers for this family. I cannot even begin to imagine what they have and will continue to go through.

lovemybabies 3 years, 4 months ago

I am so sorry for your loss! I can't imagine what you must be going through, but I know if it was my family I would be so devastated! There is nothing worse than a child losing their life. My thoughts and prayers are with your family through this tough time!

independent_rebel 3 years, 4 months ago

What a tragedy. My heart goes out to the family. I can't imagine any worse feeling in life than losing a child.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 4 months ago

What a sad day for the family, the 4th of July will not be a good day for them from know on, I lost my father several years ago on Christmas eve, so Christmas to me is not fun, even to this day.So sorry for this young family.

jackpot 3 years, 4 months ago

I know what you mean, loss my Dad Superbowl Sunday. I know that moves year to year and not the same day like you face.

Clara Westphal 3 years, 4 months ago

I LOST MY OLDEST SON THREE YEARS AGO. IT IS THE DEEPEST KIND OF HURT YOU CAN IMAGINE. I HAVE LOST MY PARENTS AND ALL OF MY SIBLINGS BUT MY SON WAS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE.

SO SORRY FOR THE FAMILY OF THE CHILD.

Clara Westphal 3 years, 4 months ago

I LOST MY OLDEST SON THREE YEARS AGO. IT IS THE DEEPEST KIND OF HURT YOU CAN IMAGINE. I HAVE LOST MY PARENTS AND ALL OF MY SIBLINGS BUT LOSING MY SON WAS THE MOST PAINFUL.

SO SORRY FOR THE FAMILY OF THE CHILD.

Courtney87 3 years, 4 months ago

so off topic and completely uneccessary....what other info is there to give? I suppose you wanted the article to be action packed and give a full description of the body???? WTF!!!!

angel4dennis 3 years, 4 months ago

My condolences to the parents and family of this little boy. May God wrap you all in His arms during this time of sorrow and sadness.

Hug_It_Out 3 years, 4 months ago

I have 3 boys, the youngest is 7, I cannot and do not want to know the devestation these parent are feeling. I know how quickly they can get away from you and I have all my prayers with you and hope you can live life without the quilt.