Archive for Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thomas Robinson’s mother passes away

Sophomore still in town for Texas game

Thomas Robinson's mother, Lisa, passed away on Friday, but Robinson is still in town and is expected to play against Texas.

January 22, 2011

Kansas sophomore forward Thomas Robinson's mother, Lisa, died Friday, Kansas University officials confirmed Saturday.

KU officials said Robinson remained in town as of Saturday and is expected to play in the Texas game.

Comments

raw 3 years, 2 months ago

Praying for Thomas and his family.

Mike Ford 3 years, 2 months ago

been there man. my grandmother had an anuerism the day before my wedding and died up here from mississippi in october 2008. in july 2009, I get a call saying her daughter, my mom, died in a car accident. hang in there, it's tough.

greenworld 3 years, 2 months ago

I know Darnell Jackson went through some similiar stuff back when he played for us. Might be a good guy to get ahold of and lean on during this tough time.

Bob Harvey 3 years, 2 months ago

The prayers are heading your way and to your family. Let the memories of her life be a comfort to you right now. We celebrate her life with you.

LeBo 3 years, 2 months ago

Use this time to build a deeper relationship with the Creator! My God's grace touch you and bring you serenity.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Mary Darst 3 years, 2 months ago

This is terrible. So sad for Thomas and his family.

Kylee Manahan 3 years, 2 months ago

Thomas, my heart and prayers go out to you. You shouldn't have to suffer such heartache. I know your Mother was with you today and gave you your strength to play. How unselfish you are. God Bless you Thomas and your family for all your losses.

Kylee

Connie Grimes 3 years, 2 months ago

My heart goes out to Thomas Robinson. Hoping he finds peace in the game he loves to play with his teammates and coaches surrounding him and supporting him.

Paula Kissinger 3 years, 2 months ago

He is a very brave and dedicated young man who played today with an angel holding him up. May God grace you and your family and bring you comfort and peace in the times ahead.

armywife 3 years, 2 months ago

He lost his grandmother 3 weeks ago, his grandfather the night they played Baylor and now his mom. My thoughts and prayers to him and his entire family.

JoLa 3 years, 2 months ago

This is so very sad, losing his grandma 3 weeks ago and now his mom. My sympathy and prayers go out to Thomas and his family. God bless you guys!!

Janet Olin 3 years, 2 months ago

Very sad. Sympathy and prayers to you, TRob, from all of us in Jayhawk Nation.

JayVo 3 years, 2 months ago

We are sorry to hear such sad news. Our thoughts are with Thomas and his family.

Nikki May 3 years, 2 months ago

So sorry to hear this. TRob is in my thoughts.

Kelly Johnson 3 years, 2 months ago

My sympathy and prayers to him and his family. So sorry to hear this.

MannFan 3 years, 2 months ago

TRob has lost two grandparents and his mother in the last three weeks. Dealing with just one of those is horrendous, let alone three in three weeks. My heart breaks for him.

cricket 3 years, 2 months ago

i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. my prayers and sympathy are sent to you and your family.

CloveK 3 years, 2 months ago

Thoughts and prayers with you, from all of Jayhawk nation. So sorry.

Number_1_Grandma 3 years, 2 months ago

Sorry to hear. Our hearts go out to you, Thomas Robinson and your family!

rooster 3 years, 2 months ago

Thats horrible. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

kubsdrvr 3 years, 2 months ago

Oh man, I'm really sad to hear that. Didn't his Grandma just pass away as well.