Letters to the Editor

Temper tantrums

February 19, 2011

To the editor:

I want to know what Bill Self is going to do about the Morris brothers’ temper tantrums! Surely there is a temper control management course they can enroll in. I’m just concerned someone will be seriously injured by their lack of control on the floor. Enough is enough.

Comments

paavopetie 3 years, 1 month ago

Just look at the coach; Self throws temper tantrums all of the time. Just one big whiner in my opinion. But he is a whiner who continues to lead his team to the top of the Big 12.

Scott Morgan 3 years, 1 month ago

windjammer, More and more people are choosing not to watch thugball. Sadly, thugball produces winners. Now before people call me names, my past favorite KU player was B. Rush. I also enjoy watching excellent point guard play.

Self knows if he recruited only graceful 3 point shooters his next coaching job would involve riding buses and eating ham sandwiches out of a paper bag . ummmm ham sandwiches

The NBA is losing fans too, and the base group leaving in droves is the one group television head most covet. The ones who buy advertised products.

Muscle has always been part of the game, but when it's non stop, stomp, rip, bump, trash talk, whislle the game is boring.

parrothead8 3 years, 1 month ago

They're 24-2, and there are bigger things to be concerned about in the world. Get over it.

windjammer 3 years, 1 month ago

If you don't like it. Don't watch it.

Jan Rolls 3 years, 1 month ago

Watch the game today and concentrate on the play down low. You will see that the twins get pushed, held, etc. on most plays but no whistle. You'd get bent out of shape also. Watch other games and you will see that it happens to most good players. If the refs would clean up that problem instead of calling ticky tack fouls away from the ball you would have a better attitude.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 1 month ago

I've seen a couple of bonehead plays where they were a bit out of control, but when has either of them had a "temper tantrum?"

Get a grip, Linda. Overhyping these incidents doesn't do anyone any good.

Bob Forer 3 years, 1 month ago

I think the whole team would benefit from a few sessions--both individual and group-- with a sports psychologist.