City commissioners will receive a report on the feasibility of constructing 20 T-hangars at the Lawrence Municipal Airport.
Airport officials say they have a waiting list of area pilots who want to rent T-hangar space at the airport. A report by the city’s economic development planner found that the $1.3 million project will essentially break even after 30 years. But it also finds that during the first 12 years, the project will need a city subsidy of about $64,000 per year to cover bond payments and other expenses.
• Approve minutes from Jan. 11 and Jan. 18.
• Receive minutes from boards and commissions.
• Approve all claims.
• Approve licenses recommended by the city clerk’s office.
• Approve appointments recommended by the mayor.
• Consider these bid and purchase items:
a. Waive bidding requirements and approve extension of the Intellution Software Maintenance to GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Inc. for $37,561.99 for a year, beginning March 1.
b. Approve purchase of a street sweeper from Allianz Sweeper Company for $227,950 and a skid steer compact loader for $37,516 from Bobcat through the HGAC cooperative bid for the Public Works Department.
c. Approve sale of surplus equipment on Gov Deals.
d. Award bid for unit price of HVAC work for the Parks and Recreation Department to McElroy’s, up to $40,000.
• Adopt on first reading an ordinance establishing no parking on the north side of 27th Street between Kensington Road and Mayfair Drive.
• Adopt these ordinances on second and final reading:
a. Rezoning about 0.36 of an acre at 1701 Mass. from RS5 (Single-Dwelling Residential) to RSO (Single-Dwelling Residential-Office).
b. Rezoning about 0.6 of an acre at 315 Perry, 309 Perry and 528 N. Third St. from IG (General Industrial) to RS7 (Single-Dwelling Residential). Initiated by planning commission on Dec. 13.
• Authorize the city manager to execute a second amendment to agreement with T-Mobile for city property at 1815 Stratford Road.
• Receive fourth quarter report and annual report for the Bert Nash Outreach Program.
• Receive city manager’s report.
• Receive public comment, direct staff concerning a task force for solid waste/recycling issues, and consider adopting a resolution establishing a Solid Waste Task Force.
• Receive additional information related to a request from the Airport Advisory Board to construct new T-Hangers.