The Lawrence Journal-World is seeking nominations for the second annual edition of Only in Lawrence, a special section honoring your neighbors, unsung heroes and people who do the little things that make our lives better.
Among the more than 50 Lawrencians we honored last year:
• Free State High School P.E. teacher Nancy Hopkins, who has raised thousands of dollars to outfit the school’s weight room.
• Scoutmaster Scott Braden, who has gone above and beyond for Boy Scout Troop 55.
• Hilda Enoch, who stands up for the little guy at City Hall.
• Linda Reimond, the Lawrence Arts Center’s preschool director who has taught hundreds of Lawrence children about having fun with art.
• Retired teacher Jane Budde, who helped start the sewing program at Community Connections Center.
And there were dozens of others featured in the special section.
But we know we have only scratched the surface of people in our community who deserve recognition. Tell us who they are by filling out the online nomination form.
The 2012 edition of Only in Lawrence will be published next April.